cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install scm/apo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I´ve to install scm5.1 with APO. Hence i need to install livecache, and maxdb. What are the steps to install them? I have to install Livecache with the sapinst? I need after to install MaxDB in OS level?

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

you will get these questions answered just by reading the installation guides for SCM.

How about that?

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the installation guide, only explains how to install SCM server 5.1, in the livecache guide not explain how to install maxdb and if it´s necessary.

Which will be the steps por installation SCM with APO?

More thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure which installation guide you refer to but it's described here:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

--> SAP Business Suite Applications

--> SAP SCM

--> SAP SCM Server

--> Using SAP SCM 5.1 Server

--> Installation Guides

---> Installation - SAP liveCache Technology on Windows - SCM 5.1 (or Unix)

You don't install "MaxDB" separately (like you do with other databases) - it's installed using sapinst.

Markus

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

could you please check the correct documentation?

[http://service.sap.com/instguides]

*SAP Business Suite Applications*

- SAP SCM

-- SAP SCM Server

--- Using SAP SCM 5.1 Server

--- Installation Guides

-

Installation - SAP liveCache Technology on Windows - SCM 5.1

-

Installation - SAP liveCache Technology on UNIX - SCM 5.1

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I´m using the Installation - SAP liveCache Technology on Windows - SCM 5.1.

I follow this steps,

1-.Install DB SQL 2005 sp3

2-.Install SCM Server 5.1

3-.Install Livecache

I read that it´s not necesary to install maxdb. During the installation of scm server 5.1, I´ve been asked about livecache parameters. Are the sufficient? Or I´ve to do the install livecache.

More thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1-.Install DB SQL 2005 sp3

2-.Install SCM Server 5.1

3-.Install Livecache

I read that it´s not necesary to install maxdb.

The livecache is the MaxDB database - with some application specific extensions.

During the installation of scm server 5.1, I´ve been asked about livecache parameters. Are the sufficient? Or I´ve to do the install livecache.

??

For the parameters check

Note 1139904 - FAQ: MaxDB/liveCache kernel parameters

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I´m with the post-installation steps of livecache. In the 4 point, speaks about Apply SAP Note 305634 RFC destination for global working on the liveCache for all liveCache-relevant clients.

In this note, speaks to create an user with specific authorizations. I just create with an sap_all and sap_new. I´ve followed all the steps but It´s not working fine.

When I tried to start up the livecache via LC10, I´ve founded the next error

Livecache lock server not accessible

What can i do? Could anybody to help me with this steps??

More thanks

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

-> As SAP customer you have option to create the OSS ticket to the components

'BC-DB-LVC' or 'BC-DB-LCA' and discuss the issues with liveCache installation setup in more details.

-> Your last problems with "Livecache lock server not accessible" could be occurred due LEA connection was not created or was not created correctly.

• Do you have all 3 connections < LCA , LDA ,LEA > to livecache created correctly as recommended in the liveCache installation guide? (please run the connection test in /ndb59 )

• Please check the LCA connection settings in LC10 -> Integration.

Did you enter the SLCA_LCK_SYNCOWNERS report under "Fllw-up Procg" at "Start liveCache" on the "Administration report" tab for the LCA connection in LC10 -> "Integration"?

Thank you & best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

-> As SAP customer you have option to create the OSS ticket to the components

'BC-DB-LVC' or 'BC-DB-LCA' and discuss the issues with liveCache installation setup in more details.

I think, at the moment, to discard this point.

-> Your last problems with "Livecache lock server not accessible" could be occurred due LEA connection was not created or was not created correctly.

• Do you have all 3 connections < LCA , LDA ,LEA > to livecache created correctly as recommended in the liveCache installation guide? (please run the connection test in /ndb59 )

In db59, I´ve the LCA,LDA,LEA with his correct check

• Please check the LCA connection settings in LC10 -> Integration.

Did you enter the SLCA_LCK_SYNCOWNERS report under "Fllw-up Procg" at "Start liveCache" on the "Administration report" tab for the LCA connection in LC10 -> "Integration"?

In this field, I´ve put the SLCA_LCK_SYNCHOWNERS, but it´s the same...

What more can i do?

More thanks!

Solved myself. The problem was in the user for to start the livecache. The user was different that the user that came by default.

Edited by: Ruben Torres on Apr 8, 2009 4:29 PM