cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorization object creation manual method

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

I have a requirement to create authorization objects for my project. The scenario is, we have a query which gives the profit center data on a weekly basis.the users for this report are the project management people. we have not created the project management hierarchy, but presently supposed to use a role as Project Management. We have a set of users for this Project Management role.

Now based on this scenario i am supposed to create the authorization objects.

can anybody suggest me the right step by step method for creating the authorization objects.

I would like to have steps as what i need to do in RSD1, in PFCF, in RSSM and in the BEx.

you answers will be rewarded accordingly

thanks in advance

regards

vijaykumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi!

1) identify the infoobject which must have restricted access. I think it is Profit Center in your case or may be PSP element

2) in infoobject maintainance screen check Whether it is marked as Authorization relevant(RSD1)

3) goto RSSM and create a new authorization object and add your infoobject to it.

4) in PFCG role maintainance screen add create a new role Project Management and addt eh users to it. under the authorizations tab go to maintaina authorizatioons and add your authorization object that you create in RSSM. and maintain the correct values with in it.

with regards

ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ashwin

i have done the squence you asked me to do, but i am not getting the infoprovider on which the query exists, when in check with RSSM using check for Infocubes as the option. i have also created the cariable for the profit center infoobject and saved it with the query.any idea why this happening.

thanks and regards

vijaykumar

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is this Profit Center object a direct charecteristic in your infoprovider or is it a navigational attribute???

I think you have to add this 1KYFNM inorder to see them cube.

with regards

ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

it is a direct characteristic info provider and it is not a navigational attribute.

i tried with 1KYFNM but still not found the result.

please help

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

check the following link

Although yours is an infocube... the problem is simmilar i guess.. you have to add this 1KYFNM while creating the AUthoirization object for first time. delete it and recreate if possible.

with regards

ashwing

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos