cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade stack level ABAP+JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I need to to upgrade the current stack level of the abap and java server. I´m confused, I thought that the stack level had to be the same in abap and java, but the sap_bw component always is more big that the stack level.

How do I?

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruben,

I vaguely remember reading about this when I was upgrading to SPS 16 from SPS 12 and had the same confusion. The SAP_BW component in SP Stacks after 14 (I think) has been SPS number+2. This is because, SAP canceled the delivery of those Support Packs and included them in the subsequent SPS. The Java SP (SAP-JEE ) level is the same as the SPS. The only difference is in the SAP_BW level. It is documented some where in the SPS guide.

Just make sure that when you download the SPS, select the correct source and destination SPS. The corresponding components will be automatically added.

Kunal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to go through the stack information on service market place for necessary levels for other components.

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

You can use the below link to download the relevant components as per your system setup.

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/sp-stacks

Here click accordingly to your system setup and give the Target stack level and the source level and then automatically the system calculates the needed SP.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

Your question seems little bit confusing.

ABAP support packs are different and JAVA support packs are different

ABAP packs are applied through SPAM and JAVA support packs are applied through JSPM

Let me know of your questions

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, for to apply them, you have to use a different "tool" (spam and jspm). But I´m refering to at the level stack of each one.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All the stack info is available at SAP Marketplace.... different patch levels does not mean that the sp are from different stacks.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 1013369 - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 BI - intermediate Support Packages

lakshminarayanan_m
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI ,

You are right.... when compare to basis or abap sp with BW will be always greater then. We have to apply the greater then only. For eg

If basis is 18 then BW level will be 20...

Go ahead...

Regards

MLN