cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name of Syndicated XML file(MDM SS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently syndication server creates files with such names: "10002-10-1-04-01-09-10-33-11_090401-103314_000.xml".

I Have three question:

1. How can I change names of syndicated files?

2. As I understand first part of the name "10002" shows number of syndication. What will be if number of syndication will be larger then 99999?

3. How can I zero this counter?

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

Whenever you automatically syndiacte a File from MDM .The syste determines the file name which is similar to the example given in your post.

There is no automatic way to control this file name,The only way could be to manually rename the file after syndication or go for manual syndication where you can decide the file type as well as file name.

You can refer the below thread :

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

Are you syndicating the file through an MDM workflow or is it directly through the MDSS.

As it is not very clear the figure "10002" refers to the Workflow ID or the number of syndications as mentioned by you.

It first needs to be clarified what does the number point to ,and in either of the case in my opinion if the count reaches 99999 it should get incremented by +1.

As there is no such upper limit specified for the number of time you want to auto syndicate.

The only care that needs to be taken here is the number of output files that keep getting accumulated in the outbound ready folder and the large number of logs generated in the log folder.Probably we may need to periodically clean up those folders to avoid overcrowding but otherwise it should work fine.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for your replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

to my knowledge it is not possible to change the name of the syndication file. the 10002 should show you the job id of the workflow.

I hope that helps.

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Can You predict the situation described in the second question?