cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error RZ783 when "Test" in Transaction SMLG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I have installated the "SAP Web Application Server 6.20 Test Suite" sucessfully.

By click on Button "Test" in Transaction SMLG (Tabstrip "Attributes") i get an Error:

Internal error (SIMULATION:INACTIVE_SERVER)

Message no. RZ783

Logon Group, Instance and IP-Adress are correctly filled. (I hope so)

Who knows the reason for this error ?

Best regards,

Erich Spannbauer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erich, i have the same error.

Did you find the reason?

Best regards.

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem. After consulting SAP, the cause was that the (dynamic) parameter rdisp/autoabaptime was 0 instead of (the default) 300. After changing this parameter back to 300, the problem was solved: the "Test" button worked again and the load balancing too.

Details can be found in SAPnote 16201 (Background program, timeout, SAPMSSY6).

Beware: the SAPnote doesn't mention the relationship with the smlg test function, but it does fix it though. SAP should add this to the note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing the same type of problem. I refered the notes you said. At my side,

There is no entry in cyclical system programs.

In note is says-->

On every application server some ABAP/4 background programs are run at an interval of 5 minutes (rdisp/autoabaptime =300).

Where should I change this entry?

In my system,

There is no entry like

Program name | | Task

-

RSRZLST0 30s 120s Operation mode control

RSRZLLG0 10s 120s Login load distribution

RSALSUP1 15s 120s Operating system alerts

RSALSUP2 15s 120s Buffer alerts

RSALSUP3 15s 120s Spool alerts

RSALSUP5 30s 240s Database alerts (only on central appl.server)

Do I need to add them manually or it is auto generated?

The basic problem I faced and need to go in Basis details is now.

In SMLG trasaction, When I double click on Logon group and go to attributes and test,

It gives Internal error: simulation:Inactive server.

How to activate server ? I've no idea about Basis side. Please help

Regards,

Mehul

PS Points will be rewarded for helpfull answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this is fair easy to do, enter transaction RZ10,, then in Profile you select the one that says instance profile in it right side (the other ones says Start and Default)

Then you chose Extended option and then modify button, the profile will be opened. Now you have to add the parameter so you can chose the button with the page on it or just hit F5, a new screen will be added so you will have to write in the profile line rdisp\autoabaptime and in the value just write 300,,, then hit the F3 button (go back) and answer yes to the question about saving the changes..then you hit F3 again and answer yes to the question, you will get to the RZ10 main screen (where you began) then you choose Save on the tools bar. Some screens will show up just read it and hit OK.

As this are plain files that are written to the disk and are only read when the SAP instance is starting, then you must stop the instance and start it again so the changes will be used.

Hope this help