cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PortalApplication Using .Net Unable to deploy Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am novice to Netweaver, I am trying to deploy the simple Portal Applciation (E.g Code). It is compiling fine. But when i try to deploy i am getting following error. Can some one help to solve it.

-

Build...

-

Build PortalApplication1 : Done -

Handle Ascx Files ...

-

Handle Ascx Files : Done -

Creating portalapp.xml ...

-

Creating portalapp.xml : Done -

Creating par zip file ...

C:\Documents and Settings\9nagir1\Application Data\SAP Portal\ep_deploy_bfd3d386-da9c-4b7f-884c-36649884091b\PortalApplication1.par

Deploy to portal...

Portal: LocalPortal

Host: localhost

Port: 50300

UserName: 9nagir1

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.

-

Deployment failed. -

-

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. By the logging I guess that your portal is on the same machine as Visual Studio?

2. What is the value of timeout property of the portal you are trying to deploy to?

3. are you able to deploy the created par through the System Administration UI (Instead of deploy par, create the par and try to upload it to the portal: system administration->Support->Portal runtime->Administration Console.

Regards,

Tsachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tsachi,

Thanks for ur reply. My timeout period is 15 seconds. i creted the par.

My portal is on the same machine as well.

I didnot understand where you want me to upload. I am using XP.

Can you guide me in that

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tsachi,

I tried rightclicking on the component inside the solution explorer and click view in portal. This actually has been mentioned in the documentation.Its opening this link

http://localhost:50300/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/PortalApplication1.PortalComponent1

with The page cannot be displayed message.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your Portal .NET runtime port may have been occupied or your server is unable to open the socket to this port. Suggest that you verify if this port is used by another process.

The default port is 8050 you can view or change this information, under System Administration ---> Support --> Portal Runtime for Microsoft.NET under Tools click on the link .NET Service Runtime, the iview will display info about the portal runtime server ports.

regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI sudhir,

Sorry for late reply.

I am wondering where can i find system administration option. as you indicated i need to go to support and portal runtime.

I would like to ask about the portal. I had added the portal. I am trying to connect to the remote portal (SAP system) but i am not able to see the bapis and RFCs of the system. moreover when i deploy it is giving me the error mentioned before.There is one more option Application server where i can see the BAPIs and RFCs.

I am wondering whther i need some permissions to access SAP as portal.

I am giving portal properties in the solution explorer

hostname SAPDEV01

username nagir1

password ******

(do I need to give any extra information)

awaiting your reply

regards

ram