Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP system cloning

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an SAP system ECC 6.0 (Windows 03 & SQL 2005) ,now I want to clone this one to another same configuration system (newly installed Windows 03 ) as it is i.e Just a replica.So, once the cloning is completed the new system should be ready for use.

Please tell me the procedure to be followed and post cloning steps.I would appreciate all your help

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Hello Harshit

for doing this,use the method of restoring the production backup on quality system.it is the best and easiset method

Just follow the SAP note 151603-Copying an SQL Server database,this is the best note i found on marketplace ,let me know of any issues

Also refer to 193816 - Restore with SQL Server

you will not face any issues

Rohit

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't want to Install SQL 2005 also in my new system.If go for offline backup restore first I should Install SAP & SQL 2005 .The cloning should be like " system ghost" so it will copy everything as it is from the first system after we defined the necessary paging and partitions ..so once the cloning is completed we should start SAP straight away.

Is this possible? ..If so ,pls tell the steps and procedure.

Thanks in advance

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The procedure is called

"homogeneous system copy".

http://service.sap.com/systemcopy

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the procedure for Oracle database

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please:

Read the guide at the given addresse

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can perform cloaning the system using system copy. Follow the std document for system copy.Click on below link & read system copy guide ,you will get all information.

[https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/instguides]

Regards

karan