cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session not ended after closing Web Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We've implemented a SAP portal (NW04 stack 14), whereby we're redesigned the masthead and removed the "log off" button. (Users login to the portal with a CA certificate that they've installed in their browsers, so if they log off, they automatically get logged on again). Users have to close their IE browsers when they've finished using the portal.

As a result of not logging off, their sessions appear as active in Visual Administrator -> Monitoring - ActiveSessions. All Web Dynpro applications show a JCO connection error as there doesn't appear to be enough connections available.

I'd like to know where can we set a timeout to these connections???

Regards

Amesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys - we're using the session timeout, but have noticed that it doesn't take into account user activity in SAP standard CRM and R/3 iViews that we have implemented within our portal.

as a result, users are being timed out when they return to the main portal application.

has anyone experienced this or got any recommendations on other approaches to fixing it?

cheers, steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I understand that JCO connections should be closed properly, and I've read the attached note previously.

What I'm actually looking for is a timeout connection for the Http/s session that can be seen in the Visual Administrator under:

Monitoring > Services > Security > Agrregated Data > ActiveSessionsCount.

The number of active session remains very high although there are no users logged onto the system.

Regards

Amesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The HTTP Session's are alive based on the Session Timeout parameter value.

Refer:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bd/6ca740aa053a13e10000000a155106/content.htm

Note:The is an important parameter in 'Server Sizing' and I think the Basis personnel should be requested to handle the scenario.

Regards,

Divakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a good practice to close the connection after each and every RFC call.

Refer thread:

/message/1052539#1052539 [original link is broken]

Hope that helps.

Divakar