cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance Calibrator : Diff b/w ..................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day GRC Gurus,

What is the Diiference between User/Role/Profile Synchronization and Batch Risk Analysis background job in Compliance Calibrator.

Thanks in Advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and Regards,

Jagat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jagat,

User/Role/Profile Sync would only bring the user, role and profile data from backend to frontend whereas the beatch risk analysis job will do the analysis of this data. This analysis will be done on the basis of the rules maintained in RAR. After this you need to run the management reports to be able to see the management reports in informer.

Regards

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harleen,

Does User/Role/Profile Complete Sync means -- complete data related to User/Roles/Profiles have been copied into GRC database?

For Batch risk analysis, will there be any calls to backend system, if yes then how much would be the load.

Thanks

Davinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagat,

Here is my response:

Does User/Role/Profile Complete Sync means -- complete data related to User/Roles/Profiles have been copied into GRC database? Yes

For Batch risk analysis, will there be any calls to backend system, if yes then how much would be the load. There won't be any interaction with backend system during batch risk analysis job. That is the reason you need to do a sync before running risk analysis job.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I think as mentioned in one of the notes its been mentioned that only header data comes from backend not the whole data .Basically by user/role/profile analysis you are getting the GRC system to be in SYNC with Backend system so you would have certain amount of load on the backend system also but not in batch risk analysis.Batch analysis would be done at the GRC system level and no interaction with the backend system so hence no load on the backend system.Inorder for the batch analysis done to appear in the GRC system we scedule management reports so that it would be in a visible format.

Please do correct me if i am wrong .

Thanks and Regards,

Ambarish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagath,

These are two types of background jobs which need to be scheduled periodically in RAR.

1.USER/ROLE/PROFILE SYNC is for updating all user,role,profile information into GRC front end from backend systems.

2.After getting all the data from backend we schedule this second job - batch risk analysis.

When we scedule this job, GRC system compares/does the user/role/profile authorizations analysis across the rules defined in GRC rule architect.

3. If u check management reports box, analysis output is updated in Informer-management reports tab.

you can see sap notes 1179717,1034117 to have full description on this.

Regards,

Jo