cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh From Production to Quality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My environment is 4.7E with sql,i want to refresh quality from production.whats the best of doing this restoration.This is first time iam doing,help me out for proceddure for this.

Thanku

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This link may help you.

Thanks,

Sushil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

sanjeet_sahu2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Take backup of Production server.

Open SQL Enterprise Manager in your Quality Server. Detach the Quality Server Database(only SAP Database not Master, PUB..temp etc). Then attach the copy of Production database and start your instance.

If more information is required then let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harshit

for doing the refresh,use the method of restoring the production backup on quality system.it is the best and easiset method

Just follow the SAP note 151603-Copying an SQL Server database,this is the best note i found on marketplace for carrying out the refresh activites,let me know of any issues

Also refer to 193816 - Restore with SQL Server

you will not face any issues

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshit,

With large production database size SAP delivered standard client copy process becomes technicall less functionally feasible and impractical for most of the customers. In client copy method it will takes lot of time to get a data refresh from Production System to Quality System up and running. During this time, Quality System will not be available and will not able to move any changes into Production System. Moreover the remote client copy using RFC connection failue rate is very high(40%).

The most preferable solution is SAP delivered Homogenneous System Copy method, for details and guides please refer to Service Market Place.

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/instguides

Note:- please refer to R/3 Enterprise version guides and snotes.

Regards

Rayees Palot