Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales UoM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've the following requirement:

1) For the same material: for diff customers, the sales UoM has to be different.

2) in the same SO, 2 diff materials to have different UoM.

How do I handle this? pls give as many options as possible..

appreciate quick responses..

Regards,

Raghu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

The sales UOM is only a proposal in the sales document, you can change it to another sales unit (for example the base unit).

Therefore you might want to change manually or automatically it to the desired value.

IMHO one should try to respect the logistic unit for for the sales UOM. If you ship in boxes, then enter the sales orders in boxes. If you ship individual units, then enter individual units, etc.

The pricing UOM is different, so you can sell and ship boxes, but determine the price based on price / unit.

For a consulting customer, I did a special user-exit to check for consistency. Therefore individual consumer units (sub-logistic unit) were only allowed in credit notes and debit notes, not for sales orders.

This way low-level picking was avoided and we only had deliveries with "logical" UOMs.

In case of EDI invoice, I believe it is better to maintain the "logistic" unit in the sales order and dynamically change the unit in the EDI invoice in case it's needed.

Regards,

Franck

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

tnx