cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong GL acc. picked during Sales Order creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

Item category in sales order has been captured correctly during Sales Order creation.

Exp:

material A - item caregory 001 - GL acc 00123

But system pick wrong GL acc (00456) posting the moment SO creation. This GL acc 00456 is tag to material B - item category is 002.

Appreciate if you could give solution for this request. I'm very new to SD module thus please guide me how may I check on this & tag correct GL acc.

Thanking in advance.

rgds,

nantha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Govindan,

1. Check you have assigned Appropriate account keys o condition types

2. Check whether you have assigned appropriate G/L to a/c keys by executing VKOA Tcode, Check the tables.

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Please guide me where should I check on this. What are the steps should follow in order to do correct settings.

rgds,

nantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Govindan,

1. YOu can check using Tcode VKOA, Enter it and click tick mark.

Five tables will be displayed

a. Cust Gr/MAterial Grp /Account Key

b. Cust Gr/Account Key

c. MAterial Grp /Account Key

d. General

e. Account Key

Now double click each table For Ex a. "Cust Gr/MAterial Grp /Account Key"

Enter "Application = V, Condition Type = KOFI, Chart of Accounts (Your Company's), Sales organization (Your Company's), Custmer AAG(1), Material AAG (2) = G/L account is assigned.

Similarly for all the tables and accounting Keys like ERL,ERS, FRE should be assigned to G/L account.

2. Enter OBYC

Scroll down find "GBB" Transacion and double click on it, Based on material type a G/L Account is being assigned check whether G/L is assigned check it.

3. Pricing procedure - VOK0 --> Pricing --> pricing procedure

Check your Pricing procedure that you are using check whether Accounting Keys are assigned to the appropriate conditin types and check.

Regards

Sathya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As for as G/L Account assignments to SD is concerned, you need to check in two places

1) TCode OBYC - Double click Transaction GBB. Here based on material type, different G/L Accounts would have been assigned. While doing post goods issue in SD, the respective inventory value will be posted to this G/L Account

2) TCode VKOA - Here FI people would have assigned some G/L Accounts for various combinations. You have to check whether correct assignments are made. While you generate and save a billing document, the respective billing value will be posted based on the assignments you made here.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the configuration for pricing procedures there is a column called "Account key".

A G/L account is assigned to this key.

Check the asssignment of GL account to Accoutn key in SPRO->Sales and distribution->Basic functions->Taxes->Plants abroad->Assign G/L account to account key.Double click on the entry for account key and check in the displayed table control the corresponding G/L account which has been assigned.

I think this could be the setting needed to correct your issue.

Regards,

Neil.