Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add two fields to output structure in an exisiting table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am new to ABAP development.My requirement is that :

There is a RFF which takes some input parameter and fetches values in output table.I need to add two fields in the output table . Can anyone tell me what are the steps for adding two fields in the output table and what all changes are required in the RFC ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The RFC being in the other system. i guess it would not feasible enough to change its structure coz dat RFC will be used by many other application.

So i suggest create other FM with that changed output structure and inside that you can call the RFC for the functionality required from the RFC

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

The RFC being in the other system. i guess it would not feasible enough to change its structure coz dat RFC will be used by many other application.

So i suggest create other FM with that changed output structure and inside that you can call the RFC for the functionality required from the RFC

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

edit the output structure in the rfc FM, and write the code to populate the two new fields and activate the FM and it should be done...

open the structure in se11 and hit the change button to make the changes...

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt response but can u provide me the step by step procedures?

0 Kudos
1. As told previously its not good to change the existed parameters for the RFC unless you are sure that no other programs are using this RFC
2. If you are not sure that how many programs are using this RFC, then copy the same through SE37 and modify the structure in SE12 by adding 2 required fields 
3. So you are ready to use the new RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dont change the structure of existing RFC's it might affect the other front end calls.

Instead copy the entire function module from se37 itself.

Then you can add one more field in the z function module.... and

write the code for populating it....

Regards,

Lalit Mohan Gupta.