cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing PDF on SRM-MDM catalog

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I have imported PDF into the PDF table via Data Manager and save to repository. I can see the thumbnail without problem. However, when I view the pdf details on the item which I assign this PDF to, I can only see a whole string of file link information and I cannot find a way to call up the PDF.

I have no problem viewing the PDF from Data Manager.

Does anyone know how should the PDF table be used from the SRM-MDM perspective?

Regards

SF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot use PDF table directly with SRM-MDM Catalog. You need to save the PDF file externally and then use the qualified table Hyperlink to link the external file. Select Link Type = Link and MIME Type = PDF. Give the URL of PDF file.

Refer the Note 1077701 for justification

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

I did get the hyperlink to work but didn't know what the PDF lookup is used for. Thanks for the clarification.

Regards

SF

Edited by: SF on Apr 6, 2009 4:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm also facing the same problem but don't get the hyperlink to work. I think the problem is in the URL, is that the path of the file?.

Is there some one who can explane in detail how to handle?

Best regards,

Jorgen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

Make sure you have followed the complete and correct steps in PDF importing.

You can follow the below Presentation on PDF importing in

MDM:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/86adb93a-0401-0010-989e-e088c91e...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c01f54a2-99f1-2a10-5aa5-dcc50870...

Also make sure you have enabled the Allow invalid PDF option in the Console settings:

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I have set the Allow invalid PDF option but still I get the URL of the PDF file and I do not know how I can open up the PDF. Note that I am using SRM-MDM. The PDF link works fine when I am in Data Manager. I don't reckon the Allow invalid PDF option will have an impact here.

Cheers!

SF