cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported Records Trigger Syndication

0 Kudos

Hi

When a record is imported from a source system into MDM, the record is syndicated back to the source system though no changes have been executed on the record after import. The suppress unchanaged records has been enabled on the syndication map. I guess this happens because the time stamp on the record changes on every import. Is this the defualt behaviour of the system?

Can such syndication be suppressed. We are not using MDM workflow so we cannot use the field changes for syndication.

Regards

Arvind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

If you are not using MDM Workflows on record Import then this syndication of records is due to Syndication Server i.e. your Syndication server is in running state and the Port type is set to Automatic because of which syndication server continously scans the records to be syndicated and since you have set suppress unchanged records because of which it is syndicating the imported records only otherwise it would have syndicated all the records present in the repository.

Set the Port action to Manual or Stop the Syndication Server if not required else you will face the same problem everytime. Also syndication server takes lots of memory.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

0 Kudos

Yes, i understand these settings are causing it to syndicate. Our scenario is that we cannot manually syndicate as the master data set up is distributed over mdm & r/3 system. It is required that a syndication be triggred as soon as the data is set up on mdm. However the concern is that even the imported records will get syndicated & since on the R/3 side we have enabled delta extraction, the records that are inbound to r/3 again get extracted. This will go on perpetually.

Is there some way to stop this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Considering your requirement ,I can think of 2 possible workarounds:

- Firstly if the time stamp change is causing the records syndication,You need to turn this off or else the automatic syndication will be keep on happening.

- In the import map you need to make sure that records that are having no change need not be imported in MDM and be skipped in the Import stage itself by choosing the Skip import action for existing records.In this way only delta records will get imported and only delta records will get syndicated.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

By this It is required that a syndication be triggred as soon as the data is set up on mdm if you doing some operations on data before syndicating then you can handle this situation in PI.

E.g. Create a field of type Boolean and for all the records which are valid for syndication, set the value of this field to true and by default keep the value as False. Now check the condition on PI side, if the value is true then only proceed the records to R3 else block them.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

0 Kudos

Simona

- How do i turn off time stamp, by disabling the key mapping property? If i turn off the time stamp then how will the auto syndication scenario work at all? what would happen to all the records created out of mdm?

- How do i import only the changed records & skip records whose values are not changed. The options we have for import based on matching fields are update or skip.Update would update the record with time stamp and skip would completely skip the record based on matching field (remote key is the matching field in our case)

Jitesh

we could use the option you suggested but that would require some additional development to reset the field everytime the record under goes modification. the filtering option can be handled in syndication itself.

I am just wondering if there is a standard way of handling this scenario as it looks like a very basic requirement.

Regards

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind

A simpler solution:

Have 1 more field in data model say Ready status with two possible values yes and no. Each time you import a record this field should have NO value. This can be done as part of the import map.

In the syndication map put a filter on this field(Lookup flat) so that map picks only those which have value YES, apart from Suppress unchanged records.

For the records which you want to syndicate change the field value from NO to YES in data manager or when needed to actually syndicate.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

As rightly spotted, It is due to the time stamp field change.

Suppress unchanged records will suppress those records which have no field change at all.If there is even one field in the Repository that has its value change then MDM syndictaor will syndicate that record outside.

In your case if you are maintaining a Time stamp field that gets updated on every records import.it is identified as a change and so is syndicated out.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto