Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Notes Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using EP6 SPS15.

I am trying to configure the lotus notes repository with the help of steps given in help.sap.com. After configuration of the same the repository prefix showing under the root directory but when i am trying to click on it its giving me the following error.

<b>System missing in landscape configuration for a Lotus Notes repository</b> You tried to access a Lotus Notes repository, but the system of the Lotus Notes repository is missing in the system landscape configuration. Contact your system administrator.

The strange thing is that i have done the same config successfully on EP6 SPS14. But no luck in SPS15.

What would be the problem?

Regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Will you please check whether you have followed following and do not forget to give points

Lotus Notes Integration With SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0

(Process description)

These documents describe the entire process of integrating lotus domino server with enterprise portal server to leverage the usage of lotus notes within the portal framework.

Step1: Create a System

o Choose System Administration&#61664;System configuration&#61664;System Landscape&#61664;Portal Content&#61664;Content Provided by SAP. Right click on collaboration and then choose New From Par&#61664;System.

o Select com.sap.netweaver.col.app.gw and choose next.

o Select a server (lotus notes) and then choose next.

o Enter the System Name and ID (for ex lotus) and choose next and then finish.

o Enter System Aliases by choosing system Alias from the display drown list.

o Enter the system Alias in the alias field and choose add and then save.

Step II: Create E-Mail Transport

&#61607; The email transport defines the SMTP server and other configuration required for sending e-mails. To configure an e-mail transport choose

&#61607; System Administration&#61664;System Configuration&#61664;Knowledge Management&#61664;Collaboration&#61664;GroupWare Transports&#61664;Mail Transport

&#61607; SMTP Sever: The address of the SMTPServer for sending e-mails

&#61607; Sent Messsages: You specify the folder on the server where the sent e-mail is to be store: -Sent on Lotus domino Server.

&#61607; System Alias name: Alias that was defined for the groupware server in system configuration.

Step III: Check E-Mailing Service

This is a global service that is required for sending e-mails and which can be located by choosing System Administration&#61664;System configuration&#61664;Knowledge Management&#61664;Content Management&#61664;Global services&#61664;Mailing Service. This service needs to be active and an email transport must already have been created.

Lotus Domino Transports

The lotus domino server provides java libraries for the posting and retrieval of information servlets running on the domino server can make use of these java libraries to query the domino database for information. The Functionality is based on java servlets and runs on the lotus domino server. The java servlets need to be deployed on all connected lotus domino Servers. The transport consists of two parts

&#61607; Java transport that runs on the portal server (LDS-P) and is deployed automatically on installation

&#61607; Java servlet that runs on domino server (LDS-D) and needs to be installed on every lotus server in the landscape.

The Process flow is

1.The Java-transport makes an HTTP(s) call to the servlet on the domino server and user credentials are passed.

2.The servlet retrieves the data from the server.

3.The data is retrieved to the java transport on the portal.

Installation of LDS-D Components

To access the users database (.nsf) the LDS-D component must be installed on the same domino server as that on which the database in question is available. If users are distributed among multiple Domino Servers, install the component on each of the servers. Alternately you can set up one Domino server with replication that host all portal domino users.

1.Locate the LDS-d component shipped with lotus transport.

The components can be found in<irj>\root\WEB-INF\PORTAL\PORTALAPPS\com.sap.netweaver.coll.appgw.translotus-api.jar.

2.Copy the com.sap.netweaver.coll.appgw.translotus-api.jar file to the lotus servlet folder as defined in the Lotus server configuration. For examplec:\Lotus\domino\Data\Servlet.Create this servlet folder if it does not yet exist.

3 Using the Lotus administrator Client update the domino server document (Current server document) in the section Internet protocols&#61664;Domino Web Engine&#61664;Class path with above jar file path for e.g. C:\Lotus\Domino\Data|domino\servlet\Coll.appl.gw.translotus-api.jar.

4.Restart the lotus domino’s HTTP Tasks.

Configuration of Cache is very important

Hope this helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subroto for your immediate response.

But i think these are the steps for groupware configuration with Lotus Domino Server. I am facing problem with Lotus Notes Repository which is external repository in KM. As far as the steps concerend i have followed the steps given in follwoing path.

help.sap.cpm>>KM>>Content Administration>>ExternalRepository>>LotusNotesRepository.

But no success.

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad

Make sure that the System ID parameter in your Lotus Notes repository manager configuration matches the ID of the Lotus Notes system you created in Content Management > Global Services > System Landscape Definitions > Systems > Lotus Notes System. Also, did you create a Lotus Notes system in the Portal System Landscape (at System Administration > System Configuration)?

Those are the things I would double-check. Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Fallon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fallon,

Yes. This is what i was missing. Thanks.

Its resolved my issue. I am awarding the points for the same.

Regards,

Prasad

Answers (0)