cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Maintain uniqueness in Batch Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I am having a scenario in my project.

Suppose I have placed a Purchase Order for 'X' Material for 500 qty. At the time of GRN system generates one batch number for this 500 qty. let us say batch B1 is generated by the system. But my requirement is I have to maintain uniqueness in this batch for every quantity. this uniqueness like B1-1, B1-2, B1-3, B1-4 ..........................B1-500. So that they can trace which material is in which placce and to whom we have sold out. How to maintain this scenario in batch management.

Please don't suggest "use serial number for this scenario". This is not acceptable for my scenario.

Regards,

Venkat

Ph: 9990417848

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suppose I have placed a Purchase Order for 'X' Material for 500 qty. At the time of GRN system generates one batch number for this 500 qty. let us say batch B1 is generated by the system. But my requirement is I have to maintain uniqueness in this batch for every quantity. this uniqueness like B1-1, B1-2, B1-3, B1-4 ..........................B1-500. So that they can trace which material is in which placce and to whom we have sold out. How to maintain this scenario in batch management.

Please don't suggest "use serial number for this scenario". This is not acceptable for my scenario.

You should use serial number management. There's no point in speaking about batch if you give batch number for each pc of your material.

If you want to give a unique ID for each piece of your material, your "batch" is called serial number...

batch - Longman dictionary:

quantity of food, medicine etc that is produced or prepared at the same time

batch - SAP glossary:

Subset of the total quantity of a material held in stock, which is managed separately from other subsets of the same material.

Examples: different production lots (such as paints, dyes, wallpapers, and pharmaceutical products), delivery lots, quality grades of a material.

serial number - Longman dictionary

a number put on things that are produced in large quantities, so that each one has its own different number:

serial number - SAP glossary

Number that you give to an individual item of material in addition to the material number, in order to differentiate that individual item from all the other items of the material.

The combination of material and serial number is unique.

So, I think you should give the reason why you don't want to use SAP standard solution...and you should justify your requirement because you seem to be against the meaning of batch & serial number....

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Apr 5, 2009 6:52 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Apr 5, 2009 6:54 PM

Answers (0)