cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loopback Adapter: problem installing SAP IDES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts I'm having problem while configuring my SAP IDES ECC6.0. Well I have installed everything but the issue is with the LOOPBACK ADAPTER configuration on VISTA.

I have installed LOOPBACK ADAPTER but the issue is that its displaying the 'limited connectivity or no connection' on network and sharing center.

Is there any possibility to resolve this issue than let me know as soon as possible because I need to

perform some important tasks.

Regards,

Yahya Shoaib.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This loopback is not supporting windows VISTA for installing SAP IDES 6.0.

Therefore, for SAP IDES installation windows XP is recommanded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is some thing messup with your Windows Vista registry,this may create problem in furture, why dont you go for a fresh installtion of you OS,i would recommand you to go for 2003 server edition

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The Microsoft Loopback adapter is a testing tool for a virtual network environment where network access is not available. Also, you must use the Loopback adapter if there are conflicts with a network adapter or with a network adapter driver. You can bind network clients, protocols, and other network configuration items to the Loopback adapter, and you can install the network adapter driver or network adapter later while retaining the network configuration information. You can also install the Loopback adapter during the unattended installation process.

To manually install Loopback adapter follow the steps given in the link below :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839013

Thanks,

Nitesh Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you provided IP address for LOOPBACK ADAPTER in TCP/IP connection

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already allocated an IP to loopback adapter but still having a same problem. This is to make sure that I am using WINDOWS VISTA. Therefore, it's showing limited connection. Kindly, help me out for this issue because its already too late..

Regards,

Yahya Shoaib.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Once you defined the IP address to the loopback adapter, please ensure that you are able to ping your machine yourself by the commond given on shell ping <ip address>.

Have you properly defined the IP address with subnet mask and gatway ? It will give you limited connectivity if not properly defined.!!

In addtional to the following comments and folk opinion, the ECC 6 not yet supporting to be installed on VISTA

Note 1040931 - SAP Kernel on Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008

Please comments in case of wrong !

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Anwer,

I have already assign the correct ip and even getting a reply from ping. The error I'm having is of registry saying:

ERROR 2009-04-24

MOS-01185 The subkey 'HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS' does not exists on the 'localhost' host.

If you can help me out in this case it would be great..

Regards,

Yahya Shoaib.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disable any antivirus if it is installed on this system and give a go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj,

As per your advice I have closed my antivirus as well as firewall but this time the previous error was remove. But it is displaying this:

ERROR 2009-04-24 19:18:42

MOS-01185:

*The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DcomLaunch' *

does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

thnxs..

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
ERROR 2009-04-24 19:18:42
MOS-01185:
*The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DcomLaunch' *
does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

It is not able to read the host name from your host file, may be you have not entered the hostname as well as ip address in Hosts file

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Subhash,

I have entered the same ip as well as the host name in my host file...but still its the same...plz let me know if there a solution for installation on VISTA...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you reboot the system after disabling (removing) antivirus? You may use VMware to install windows 2003 if necessary.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest to use VMWARE on Vista and install SAP on VMware to avoid such type of problems.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subhash... n i ll try for this one as well n let u know.. but if u find any solution other than that then plz do let me know...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj I have tried every thing I could to solve this issue but still having problems...well i have figure out with the previous issues but now I'm stuck to this one:

ERROR 2009-04-25 23:40:17

MOS-01185 The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\gpsvc' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

now windows is not allowing me to give permission to this key: GPSVC....so please let know how to solve this one?

thnxs..

Former Member
0 Kudos

check attached link

[http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/810506-solved-svchost-keeps-expanding-after.html]

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is more of the SAPINST problem. Download the latest SAPINST and try.

pS. there seem to be a bug sapinst7.2. It stops at process "install javaengine" with error,

retrying with sapinst 7,1 and continuing with old istallation worked for me.

Regards

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try reconfiguring it again. Check out the link.

[http://blogs.msdn.com/briankel/archive/2006/12/03/how-to-install-the-microsoft-loopback-adapter-on-windows-vista.aspx]

Hope this helps.

Manoj