cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6 Install:sapinst can't read sapdata1-4 filesystems-even though itexists

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am in the midst of Installation of SAP ECC6.0 -SR3 ABAP only system (Oracle 10g / Solaris 5.10).

The filesystem mountpoints have been created as follows:

/oracle/<SID>/sapdata1 (60 GB)

/oracle/<SID>/sapdata2 (80 GB)

/oracle/<SID>/sapdata3 (80 GB)

/oracle/<SID>/sapdata4 (60 GB)

and /oracle has been assigned 5 GB.

The Oracle binaries and the patchset have been installed.

However, in the phase 13 (Create/Check Tablespaces), it stops with an error saying that there is not enough disk space in /oracle

The sapinst is somehow not able to find the above sapdata[1-4] mountpoints and only looks for space only in the mountpoint /oracle

The directory permissions have been set to 755 and (ora<SID>:dba) for each sapdata and am able to manually create files within these directories.

Can anyone pls. let me know the reason?

The solution maybe to unmount the sapdata filesystems and allocate that space to /oracle and proceed with install....but wanted to know the reason behind this.

Thanks and Regards,

Kaushik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you have selected the "Typical" installation. You have to select the "Custom" installation there you can define the table space, on Typical installation it creates all the Datafile under /Oracle/SID/

Regards,

Subhash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

Issue was with the environment settings...pointing to a different sapdatahome.

-Kaushik

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kaushik,

As already explained, you've to choose 'Custom' installation and give the mount point paths so that the datafiles will be created using the individual mount points.

Regards,

Debasis