cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneak Preview SP16 - SDM deployment fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I installed the WebAS java full edition (SP16) after desinstall of SP15. I wrote a small WD application and tried to deploy it, I receive now this error:

Aborted: development component 'WDTest2'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2006.04.02.18.06.06':

Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine. Check whether the SAP J2EE Engine is up and running.

com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [myHostName] with user name: [admin] Check your login information. Exception is: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: No login module succeeded.]

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMEXC)

Deployment of WDTest2 finished with Error (Duration 2173 ms)

I already looked here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/12/d4fc3f8fc2c542e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm , without success...

If anyone can help... Thanks !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The exception states that there's an issue with the login

credentials. Please check whether there has been any

changes to the user j2ee_admin/sap* and their passwords.

Also check the password status in the secure store and

Note 756084 might help you.

Please let us know regarding the progress.

Regards

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srikishan,

I've completed the steps you described, and also and from the note 701654 (secure store admin password is now the same as SDM).

But I still got the same error, although I restarted the J2EE engine...

Edit: I noticed that I have this error with EAR files; dictionary archives are deployed successfully...

Message was edited by: Francois Gendebien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Francois ,

I have exactly the same problem ... did you find a solution so far

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the following solution.

1. Go to Visual Admin --> Security Provider --> service.naming.

2. Select NO for the authentication template.

3. Remove the CreateTicketLoginModule.

Have a look at this

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/76/fb72ec091f4bf8a2d8ba321bb7e8d9/frameset.htm">Link</a>.

Regards,

Rathna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christopher,

Basically it's because the username/password must match between Secure Store and Visual Admin.

Check for a solution.

Regards,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pulling my hairs out. After 3 days this problem still not solved.....

What I did:

1) Followed the instructions to change the SDM password.

2) Started the configtool and changed the admin passord to the same new password

3) restarted the pc

4) started the SDM Remote GUI to check the new password: ok

5) started Visual Admin to check the new passord: not okay, still old password

6) using the UserAdmin at localhost:50000 to change the Administrator password to the new password

7) started Visual Admin again: new password ok

😎 checked the BasicPasswordLoginModule setting: was already there

9) restarted the pc

10) started Developer Studio en tried to deploy my EAR:

logged in with new password: ok

BUT:

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/C:/DOCUME1/jvv/LOCALS1/Temp/temp4783Welkom.ear

Aborted: development component 'Welkom'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2006.04.12.17.14.03':

Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine. Check whether the SAP J2EE Engine is up and running.

com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [sapserver] with user name: [admin] Check your login information. Exception is: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user.]

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

What else can I do???

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLVED!!!

SP16 has changed the Admin's userid. It's now 'Administrator' in stead of 'admin'. But the deployment utility is still using 'admin'. Adding a user named 'admin' - with the same groups and roles as Administrator - solved this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good for you !

As I said above password <b><u>and username</u></b> must match between Visual Admin and secure store.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan,

Where (and how) did you add the user 'admin'?

I need to do the same for user 'j2ee_admin'.

Regards,

Andries

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used the User Manager from the http://[webserver]:50000 webpage.

- Search the user you want to copy

- Use the 'Copy as new' function (first icon in the row)

- Check which rules and groups are assigned to the old user and assign them all to the new user