cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Notes for Approval text field mandatory?

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the approval screen we want that approver shoud not be able to save ie. approve / reject the shopping cart without enetring a note.

ie. the Note text area must not be empty.

How to acchieve this?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can check the following BADIS

bbp_doc_check_badi (or)

bbp_doc_save_badi.

you have to check whether the approval notes have been entered , if not issue an error message

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

I checked both the BADIs you mentioned but could not understand how to check if the Notes For Approval was enetred or not.

Please tell me how to find if the value of the field is initial or not?

Thanks a lot,

Anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav,

You need to find out the value for Notes for Approval field. You can find out through a table or function module. The HTML Template for the fields Notes of Approval is:

SAPLBBP_SC_UI_ITS 140

Once you find the value just keep a check in BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI. When the value is not present raise an error message. Hope it helps.

There is one more method but i am not very sure whether it would work.. Go to SE51.

Enter the screen details SAPLBBP_SC_UI_ITS 140

go to element list> the field for notes for approval is GS_SCR_COMPLETE-TEXT>go to special attributes--> and change the input column from possible to required. hope this works...

Thanks,

Pradeep

Edited by: Pradeep Purushottam on Apr 6, 2009 11:23 AM

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

The problem is becuase i am unable to access the value of note for approval filed .

Please specify how to access the value of this field?

One more strange thing we are facing is the while creating the shopping cart if the creator enters some text in the note for approval field and order the shopping cart then only the text area for Notes For Approval field is visible on click of Add Note button in the approver login .

I am opening a new thread for this in detail.Please see if you can help me in that.

Thanks a lot,

Anubhav

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please see the thread

Hope you can help me on this.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me from where I can retrieve the text in "Notes for Approval"?

Is there any function module that I can call to get approval notes?

Regards,

Ravi.