cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get the values enterd in the interactive form and store it in table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement, i want to display the editable fields in Adobe form and have a button.If i click the button what i enter in the fields that will be store in the table.

I tried but the button action is not going....

In the Form i put the layout type as : xACFLayout.

and in the webdynpro the enabled property checked and display type put the activeX still the form in the fields are in non-editable....

Can you please give me step by step procedure for the same.

Thank you in advacne..

Thanks.

Rrrr.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

vivekananthan_sellavel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Ram kumar,

Refer this blog this will be useful.

Adobe Interactive Form - Read A Table Manually WDA

/people/sarath.satheesan/blog/2008/04/03/adobe-interactive-form--read-a-table-manually-wda

Regards

Vivekananthan.S

vivekananthan_sellavel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi ram kumar,

Use Activex Submit button.

It wil work.

Regards

Vivekananthan.S

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> hi ram kumar,

> Use Activex Submit button.

> It wil work.

> Regards

> Vivekananthan.S

I wouldn't suggest this approach. SAP already strongly recommends the usage of only ZCI based forms. That is the only form type that will continue to receive techincal enhancements. In NetWeaver 7.02 we will depricate ACF based forms completely.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Adobe Interactive Forms run in two modes

1) Native

2) ActiveX

So When you design your form, Please use respective Submit Button.

For Example:

1) Native--> Use Native WebDynPro Submit Button

2) ActiveX--> Use ActiveX WebDynPro Submit Button

you can find this in Adobe Designer.

Best Regards

Ravi Golla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi RamKumar,

The interface of the UI element InteractiveForm contains the method

SET_LEGACY_EDITING_MODE, which in turn contains a Boolean parameter. The form is

then ready for input when

● The parameter has the value X.

The following code fragment shows how this input readiness can be set up:

method WDDOMODIFYVIEW.

data: LR_INTERACTIVE_FORM type ref to CL_WD_INTERACTIVE_FORM,
LR_METHOD_HANDLER type ref to IF_WD_IACTIVE_FORM_METHOD_HNDL.
check first_time = abap_true.
LR_INTERACTIVE_FORM ?= VIEW->GET_ELEMENT(u2018<<ID_OF_YOUR_UIELEMENT>>u2019).
LR_METHOD_HANDLER ?= LR_INTERACTIVE_FORM->_METHOD_HANDLER.
LR_METHOD_HANDLER->SET_LEGACY_EDITING_ENABLED( abap_true ).

endmethod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i wrote the same logic in the wdmodifyview but getting the null object reference value error.

can you please tell me how to get the filled values in te form....'I mean when i click the button in the form what i enterd in the form fileds i have to store it in one table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ram Kumar,

While importing your Adobe Form in InteractiveForm UI element, it would have created a Context Node and corresponding elements in your WD Component. You will have to use methods get_element,set_element to read or display data in your PDF form.

Also make sure your forms is set to Dynamic Type to trigger the event on click of Submit button.

You may check it in the T-code SFP. In the Layout tab. Click on Edit Menu option and then on Form Properties. This will display a window, then in the defaults tab, from the drop down for XDP Preview format seelct Acrobat 8 Dynamic XML Form or Acrobat 7 Dynamic XML Form depending on your usage.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you designed your PDF form from the Context of your view then the entered values will be automatically availabel after you click on submit button. Just read the context you used to design the form and you will have the values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sinha,

I am trying to change the Form layout type to ZCL,it's getting the error like use the transaction sfp_zcl_update when i was truing to open the t-code saying t-code doesn't exit.

Please help me how to set the layout type to ZCL and how to get the form data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The form is in non-editable mode in runtime,i checked the enable and put display type "native" and also mapped the datasource and pdf.

can you please help me in this also.I tried to write code as previous thread if i wrote that dode nulll object reference error is comining.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change the Layout type to "ZCI". Its "I" not "L"( sorry if this was not clear).

When you are in SFP transaction under the properties tab make the layout type as ZCI, save and activate and then run the Transaction SFP_ZCI_UPDATE. If you do not have the authorization then ask BASIS to update the form for you.

I will recommend creating a new form with ZCI layout type from the web dynpro itself.

Subsequently, check whether the update of the ZCI was successfully completed. To do this, open your form in the Adobe LiveCycle Designer and check the version information of the ZCI script. The ZCI script is available on the "Hierarchy" tab page under the "ContainerFoundation_JS" name. The version must be

800.20080513120641.469612.469346. If the version is different than this then the application will hang in Browser.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/e96677f1c367d6e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

And Please have a look at the Links for Tutorial and SAP Notes i send in my earlier posts.

One Question:You are creating PDF from the context of your view, right. I mean using conext to create the interface for form.

Please let me know if it works or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Make sure you have the latest ADOBE version 8.0 or above installed at your system. And also make sure that read_only flag is clear for the Interactive Form.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed acrobate reader 9.0 and also unchecked the readonly interactive form.still when i am trying to chage the form layout type it's asking the sfp_update t-code that is not exist in my system.

can you please give me step by step scenario how to create the forma and how to add the submit button of webdynpro when i clcik how to get the data from the from.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

As of NetWeaver 7.0 (NW 7.0) SPS10 forms can be integrated using Zero Client Installation (ZCI). Please check the SP level of your system.

Prerequisites for Form Integration look at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2c/241a427ff6db2ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Connection Tests

For ZCI run report FP_CHK_REPORT.

For ACF execute program FP_PDF_TEST_00 to ensure that the ADS was configured correctly. If the configuration is correct, the out put of the test program will be the version number of the installed ADS.

For more information on ZCI and ACF layout type please have a look at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2c/241a427ff6db2ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm.

I will try to create a sample application which will give you a step-by-step idea about how to create an Interactive form.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I put the form layout is ZCI.

When i click the button the acion was not trigerring.

Please help me in this ASAP. It's imp for me..

For your understand;

My Requirement:

I have a interactive form in that 2 input fields 1. First name 2.Last name and one button .

If i clcik the button what i enterd in the above 2 inputfields i have to get store it in R/3 table.

I tried this one.

1. Created the view in the context created the node "adobe" cardinality... (1..1) and below created the child node "input" cardinality(1..1) and 2 attributes first name and last name.and other attribute pdfsource type xstring.

created the UI element Interactive form, and chekc the enabled checkbox, and display type "native" and binding the data source property to node "adobe" cardinality... (1..1) and pdf source to pdfsource node. and templet gave "ZFORM" and gave the interface name "ZINTERFACE" and drag and drop the node elements into layout

and created the webdybnpro button and webdynpro event gave *clcik and javascript and save activated the form.

2. In the Ui elemt in view action onsubmit wrote the code to get the context element values and insert that int0o table.

But here the Submit button action was not trigerring.....................

can you please help me in the same..... ASAP give any sugesstion what i have to change in this scenario.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I will suggest you to create the "Submit Button" in the View which contains your PDF form against the submit button on the form. This way we can as many buttons as we like and perform many different actions rather than having just only one button on the form.

Assign a action to it and see if server side rendering occurs or not. Put a break-point and it should stop there. In the action you can read your Interactive Form Context and you should have data entered by the users.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP recommends using ZCI layout types for Interactive forms Against the xACF.

Try creating a new form using ZCI layout and Select DisplayType as Native and Enabled property = 'X'.

For More Information look at the link below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2c/241a427ff6db2ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Please look into SAP Notes: 1229392

You can also look at the elearning below:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/c766e918-0b01-0010-99b1-c2b78cd059...

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

This error occurs when the Adobe Reader Rights Credentials have not been installed, this is mandatory to use Interactive Forms. SAP Note 736902 gives info on how to get these credentails.

Please refer to section 7.1 (Reader Rights Credentials) to get more information on this.

Without proper license for working with Adobe Interactive Forms , you would not be able to edit the fields. It will be read only .

Refer this for license related info :

Also check Thomas reply at this thread :

I hope it helps.

thanx.