cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post with clearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

may i know how to explain post with clearing to user effectively in a sentence?

i give 1 example for clear account. user may ask why not use f-03 to clear but use post with clearing tcode.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can explain it this way:

In F-03, the debit item and the credit item must already been posted for you to clear.

Here there are three entries involved.

One debit to GL XXX

One Credit to GL XXX and

One Clearing entry to clear these Dr and Credit

But in Post with clearing, there is only one item already posted, say example in GL XXX there is a debit,

and now, you are posting any entry with a debit GLYYY at the same time going into the open items of the GL XXX and clearing the open debit item.

Here there are only 2 entries

One Debit to GL XXX

One Entry credit to GL XXX which simultaneously clears the debit line also

This way, you are saving one entry.

Regards

AKV

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for the reply.

but under what circumstances i can use post with clearing? can have example?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Both would be used to clear the line items in GL

In F-03 both the dr and cr contra entries are already available in a GL account and you only do the clearing

In F-04 (Post with clearing) you select the existing dr/cr line item and also post a contra cr/dr entry to simultaneously clear the GL

Say you have a GL for prepaid expenses. In FB50 you have posted this entry

Dr Prepaid expenses 1000

Cr Bank 1000

Now to clear the open dr in prepaid expense, in F-04 you can simultaneously post this entry and clear off the above the line item

Dr Expense 1000

Cr Prepaid expense 1000

Thank You,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The post with clearing is done where u wish to clear a line item in one account and take it to other. Use f-04/f-51 for the same. Here 2 different Gl are involved.

While in f-03, we clear a same gl haveing dr and cr line item whose total (of line item)is zero.i.e dr 1000 and cr 1000 are both open in same gl, clear the same through f-03

Regards,

Kiran