cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUDGET

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have a problem in ps module. my all scenario ok. During test i don't allocate budget in any WBS (through CJ30). but in project builder system allow me to generate PR & PO. according to my knowledge it is impossible to do so.

pls suggest me what is missing in my configuration.

thanks

RAKESH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh,

This is standard functionality in SAP that you can create PR and PO without allocating budget to the WBS Element.So create a user status that will prohibit the system to create PR and PO in CRTD system status.

The steps are:

Go to OK02 and create a user status .

then create two statuses NBUD and BUDG.

1.under NBUD & BUDG choose object type WBS .

2.In NBUD Forbid the Material purchase order,Material Purchase Requistion and Release.

3.In BUDG set Budgting and allow Release.

So system will not allow to release a project without allocating Budget.

Once you allocate budget system will change the status from NBUD To BUDG.

Take care.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply your suggestion helped me.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please mark which answer is correct and give points accordingly...so that when someone else faces the same problem and search this forum, he can easily find which is the correct answer and which is helpful answer to the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U have to Config User status -- OK02 . Where u hv to restrict WBS release before Budgeting.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

The cost element you have assigned in PR,PO should be of cost element category 90 i.e.stastistical.

And activate avilability control in budget profile .And select warning or error message for that.

Sukhveer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As such there is not config which automatically checks whether Budget is allocated or not.

In Budget profile, you would have given the "Activation type" as "1" which will activate the availability control only when you allocate some budget. Only after that the budget check will be done.

If you want to check it even before you allocate the budget, then activate the availability control manually using the T.Code CJBV when the Project is created.

You have another option also. You can use User status to check at the time of PR and PO creation, whether Budget is allocated or not.

Hope this answers your question.

bye

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

unless untill, u do budgeting, budget check functionality will not be activated .

provided the seetings in budget profile n tolerance limit is as per requirement.

Ashis