Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI - Queues

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

I have very basic question for my clarification,

What's the diffirences between SXMS_QREG Queues and SMQR.

I understand SXMS_QREG where you have all the queues for EO, EOIO and BE but then how about SMQR queues what are they? when we use?

Please help me to understand.

Thanks

Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered.

former_member307485
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

To enable messages to be processed with a higher or lower priority in the corresponding queues, you must register the queue prefixes XBTA, XBTZ, XBT1, XBT9, XBTX, and XBTY in transaction SMQR beforehand. Proceed exactly as you did when registering the other queue prefixes (XBTI, XBTO, and so on).

During queue registration, you are asked to provide a value for the MAXTIME parameter. This parameter enables you to assign priorities for queue processing using the queue prefixes.

The MAXTIME parameter determines the time in seconds that is scheduled for processing a queue. By varying this time, you can use the queues with prefixes XBT1, XBTI, und XBT9 as queues for messages with high, medium, and low priority, for example. The same applies to the queues with prefixes XBTA, XBTO, and XBTZ. In this way, you can put messages from different application cases in different queues, and use the prefix of these queues to determine the priority of message processing.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/04/827440c36ed562e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

More on queues;

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

- How to Re-Process failed XI Messages Automatically

/people/sap.india5/blog/2006/01/03/xi-asynchronous-message-processing-understanding-xi-queues-part-i

- Understanding XI Queues

Regards,

Divya