cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing UserExit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have the requirement to implement Automatic Packing Functionality through BADI.

Has someone used this type of Auto.Packign in Delivery.

Please reply or any feedback.

Has anyone used 'PACKMODI'. Any feedback shall help.

Thanks and Regards

Arun

Edited by: Arun Chaudhry on Apr 6, 2009 11:24 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

Please clearly state your problem. Obviously, you know the user exit is used in automatic packing.

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks BP for your response.

The process is yet to GO LIVE.

We have proposed the solution by maintaining Packing Instructions/records for FG Refrence Material and thereby using Automating Packing fuctionality at Delivery after TO confirmation.

Now, the problem is our client has to Pack One Finish Good in Different Sizes and hence different packing material. So one record shall not hold good. We tried to find a field for which I can maintain the Pack.Instr. Records that can distinguish the different sizes of One FG. But could not find the same.

Hence, I tried to find out User Exit through which I can read the Data and Automatic Packing Function can take other route. SAP suggests through PACKMODI, And with De-Bugging, I could find the delivery Item Details.

Now, I shall not maintain the Pack.Instr.Records and whole data shall be read throgh User Exit code. First of all can this be done?

Thanks&Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Are you saying that you have qty 1 of a finished good and you want it packed in 3 different handling units?

Technically, you can used PACKMODI to automatically pack the delivery items. There are number of BADI's you can also use - which you can find in SPRO under Handling Unit Management.

Regards,

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BP,

We have a Finish Goods code. Now this material is packed in different sizes of cartons. This is polyester yarn. At the time of delivery TO is already confirmed and in this TO we have different sizes of cartons and hence different qty. of packing material per carton.

This does not suit the standard system through Pack.Instr.Record maintenance.

SAP suggests that if std. does not suit then use this User Exit. My concern is I can write the code in this user exit, But how shall I tell the system to create Handling Unit automatically?