SAP for Media Discussions
Spark conversations about content creation, audience engagement, and monetization strategies using SAP in the media industry. Join in the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Media Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can we get a IS-Media in IDES System?

I am trying to build a prototype.I dont see any IS-Media related things in ECC 6.0

Please let me know

Arshad

• SAP Managed Tags:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dude

ecc6 contains IS media...kindly check in sfw3 select ur business function set as media

FOR ACTIVATION U NEED TO GO TO SFW5 AND activate things for media

kr

raj

View solution in original post

• SAP Managed Tags:
6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dude

ecc6 contains IS media...kindly check in sfw3 select ur business function set as media

FOR ACTIVATION U NEED TO GO TO SFW5 AND activate things for media

kr

raj

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Thanks for your reply..

I was guessing that if this needs an extra License from SAP for the Media Component to be activated,as you mentioned in SFW5

waiting for your reply

Thanks

Arshad

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Appreciate if you can reply..

Arshad

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

not necessaryyyy

• SAP Managed Tags:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj

• SAP Managed Tags:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to IS-Media, and I am learning it.

I have ECC 6 IDES version and I am trying to activate IS-media.

I have tried using transaction sfw3, and clicking on media Business Function set,and trying to activate it. But it displays "You have no inactive objects".

But if there are no active objects, does it mean the module is activated itself, by the basis people here. If that is the case, then why am I not able to work on any IS-media related tcodes.

Also, I have checked that the Global status is OFF in Switch ISM_MAM. When I am going to Transaction sfw5, Business Function set is Contract A/R + A/P, and the global status is ON, for this in its switch FICA. Is this the reason for not being able to set Business Function Set as Media.

Please assist me on the same. Although I am aware of the business process in Media(M/AM) to some extent, but do not have detailed knowledge on the same.

Kindly guide me.

Thanks

Dolly Arora

Edited by: Dolly26 on May 31, 2009 6:51 AM

• SAP Managed Tags: