cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Business Partners to XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How do i export all data in Business Partners table into XML without using SQL statements? I tried exporting records one by one using getbykey method but is there any way to export all the records to a XML?Plz help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The answer is simple:

No, you cannot export all Business Partners without using any SQL statement...

Is there a special reason why you want to work around that?

Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I am working for an ETL tool and thats the reason i have asked for extracting data from SAP.

Thanks for ur feedback. So do u mean i should retrieve data through SQL statements. If yes, then if table name got changed in next SAP SDK version it may cause problems right? Then how to handle those situations. Is there any other way?

Regards

Janaki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Janaki,

Usually you are pretty safe querying a table such as OCRD. Table names for something as important as the Business Partner table should not change. Field names may change from one release to another.

former_member185703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janaki,

No, I do not recommend to use only SQL (it may happen to be necessary, if you need to maximize performance).

There's a mechanism that you can run a query on the Business Partner table - e.g. "SELECT CardCode FROM OCRD" and connect the result (DI API's Recordset object) with the business object (Recordset property of the Browser sub-object of business obejcts) and export the business object data to XML (record by record).

The DI API samples which are shipped with the SDK + the new SDK E-learning etc. explain how it works in detail - or simply search for "DataBrowser Operations" in the SDK Helpcenter 2005. There you will find the sample code as well.

Regarding change of the table name from OCRD to sth else:

Of course this could (theoretically) become an issue, but I would see the risk as far below 1%

HTH,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janaki,

You can also go here :

Hope this helps,

Thibault

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frank

I got it clear.