Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing message from log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..I checked the different threads in the forum but could not get an answer to this.

I am using an implementation of the BADI - ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST, for making some custom checks during create / change Purchase order (Transaction - ME21n / ME22n).

When there is an error, I issue a message using the macro - mmpur_message_forced 'E' 'ZMM' '007' text-e09 '' '' ''.

Also I am calling the below method to invalidate the item.

CALL METHOD im_item->invalidate( ).

This works exactly as required but the problem is, even after correcting the error I am not able to remove the issued error message from the log(the log is displayed when we press "Check").

Could someone help me out?

Thanks,

Ram.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

dint u try clearing the log?

0 Kudos

Exactly that is what I am looking for - "how to clear it from the log".

former_member203501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think there is no need to clear the message from log. As log history is used to track the messages which occured at variuos point during the cycle.

Even if you want to delete the message then you might have to delete it from the table where it is getting stored.

just check the table where the log entries are getting stored and delete the entry when you provide the corrective,

Regards,

Nitin

0 Kudos

Hi Nitin...It is neccessary for me to clear the log because, the log retains the error message(s) even after correcting the error(s). So, when the user checks the log, It still shows the earlier error messages even after correcting them. for e.g. I am checking a particular field and issuing an error message if it is empty. If it is empty, the error message is displayed and shown in the log. But, even after entering a value in that field, the error message is still retained in the log. Thats my issue.

0 Kudos

Hi,

OK,, In that case you can check the table in which the log enteries are getting stored.

And according to codition you can delete that particular entry.

Regards,

Nitin.