cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLient COpy ending with errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I need help in order to determine the root cause why my client copy is ending with errors. I am doing local client copy only. These are the errors generated. The copy is taking so long in updating the table BBPCONT, the only reason i know is that, the table is quite big.

Table/Object Component Error

BBPCONT SRM-EBP Write Error (See System Log)

HRP1000 BC-BMT-OM Write Error (See System Log)

HRP1028 BC-BMT-OM Write Error (See System Log)

I have already extended the tablespace that owns these objects.

Appreciate your help.

Rachelle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rachelle,

Please check/post error log from your SM21? Also check SCC3 transaction.

Hope this helps.

Manoj

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the index is proper for these tables?

What is in SM21 log. I hope tablespace is available.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the immediate response. The only related info i got from sm21 is ORA-01653, wherein unable to extend the 3 tables given below due to insufficient tablespace memory.

The tablespace has been extended already.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it seems to space issue. i think you need to increase the tablespace, it is not able to extend automatically. check the tablespace PSAPSR3, i think this will be full.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rachelle,

Can you paste the error part of the SCC3 log output.

Also after extending the table, did you continue with the previous client copy or did you start a new task?

If this is not a critical system you can try restarting the SAP server and try to perform the client copy (sometimes this works )

Let me know.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Zaheer shaikh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rachelle,

you might have increased the space but it seems it need more space and that is why it is failing.

If you look at the table mentioned SAP says"

"All attached documents in SRM are stored in the table BBPCONT. And as the size and number of attachments increases, the size of this table will be increasing constantly. When a attached document is deleted in SRM, the system performs a logical deletion but not a physical deletion. As a result the table size is increasing without any control"

Why dotn you first delete the attachments from this table to control the sixe and then do a client copy

Please look at notes 848909 and 1030777,they provide the solution for deleting the table attachments

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello There,

Here's the logs in scc3

Warnings and Errors

Warnings from Current Run are Marked

Table/Object Component Error

BBPCONT SRM-EBP Write Error (See System Log)

Start: Recopy errors 02.04.2009 07:17:59

ERROR: Write error in client: 510 DB Error. See Syslog table BBPCONT

Im not sure where to check the syslog table

Former Member
0 Kudos

this seems to be a database space issue,I would recommend you to follow my last post and reduce the size of the table BBPCONT and then start with client copy,

If you dont want to do this,start the client copy and then monitor the size of all the tablespaces through BRTOOLS and keep increasing the size of the tablespace when space goes low,this will be a nice option

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

We are already looking at your recommendation. I hope this would be possible in our landscape. I will update you soon. Thanks for the very helpful information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachelle,

Yes this seems to be space issue. So monitoring and increasing the tablespace is good idea. I am not sure whether in your context this is relevant but when trying to do a client export import we came across errors that mentioned the tablespace is less but even on increasing the space we had the same errors.

The table which had the problem was changed from dictionary managed to locally managed and after this change the export was successful.

Thanks