Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRPO With Delivery Challan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii

Here is one requirement from my client

My client recieves Goods but only with Delivery challan which is just a delivey note and it does not contain any price and Tax Code which will be done later throgh Invoice

Now here the problem is he need to enter GRPO to update the phisical stock but he is not sure about the price and tax code, so till he recieves the invoice how can he update the stock without adding GRPO

Any suggesstions

Rizz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197621
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Mohammed Riyaz

Before you bill book, You want only maintain stock ?create separate warehouse

and put GoodsReceipt in inventory module, with 0 cost,this will help u for maintain stock, after bill receive put GRPO and A/P invoice then GOODS ISSUE that item which is in new warehouse

Edited by: Prasanna s on Apr 4, 2009 8:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii there again

prasanna why would there be a new warehouse, insted you can use the same,

well my solution would be to ADD grpo without price and Tax and later when you recieve Invoice then you can just copy GRPO to A/P Invoice and there you can effect your finance related issues,

am i right? is any where i am going wrong..?

Rizz

former_member197621
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Mohammed Riyaz

If u maintain same ware house ,by the chance some one can issue(Consume) the material ,if some one issue the material it will consume for 0 cost ,your expenses will come wrong.and u do not have any control if u use same warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah

that could also be the case

well he can save GRPO without price and tax and stock will be updated

but how will be the price is going to be updated when my client recieves invoice

Rizz

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

he is using Perpetual Inventory Sysytem, in that case item cost will be determined through GRPO so this way is not possible for him

any other solution

thanks

Rizz

Edited by: Mohammed Riyaz on Apr 6, 2009 10:28 AM

Edited by: Mohammed Riyaz on Apr 6, 2009 12:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you enter a GRPO that is copied from a PO, the price will be copied as well. So if the price on the PO is accurate, then the GRPO will be OK. It is necessary for buyers or others who enter PO's to verify their prices at the time of entry. A call to the vendor might be in order. You can also request your vendors to notify you if the price will be different from what appears on the PO before shipment. Many companies include verbiage on their PO's which states that they will not accept delivery of merchandise unless they are informed of any deviations in price. The PO can be updated at any time before receipt if you are notified of changes in price.

If you implement a policy like this, there will still be some times when the invoice price is different from that on the PO, but they should be relatively rare and hopefully the differences should not be too great. The Business One system does a very good job of dealing with these discrepancies. If the items are still in stock, their cost is changed to reflect the actual amount on the invoice. If the items are not in stock or are only partially in stock, the difference is posted to a variance account as indicated in the account determinations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using Perpetual Inventory System, item cost is determined based on GRPO only.

If you are not using Perpetual Inventory System, then you can book GRPO with Zero cost, which will post only Stock entries and no financial entries.