cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actiual activity calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am not getting actual activity rate. Can any one help me?

I have created the activity master, in master there are some fields are there like ATyp category, Price indicator, Actl Acty Type Cat, Act. price indicator can i have the clarification about these fiels?

I have given ATyp category = '1'.

Created Define Splitting Structure and Assign Splitting Structure to Cost Centers

I have done planing for activites in KP26 and posted the activities

But when i am calculating actual activity system is not showing any actual value like Actual cost posted cost center / Actual activities posted.

Thanks& Regards,

Padma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

As I understand from the details you provided, you did all related to Planning I assume.

Pls explain why did you configure Splitting Structure... Do you have Activity-Independent costs that need to be allocated among more than one Activity in a Single Cost Center?

Pls go through the following...

Activity Type Master:

Actvity Type Category: Use "1" (Plan) if that Activity you are using for Production Cost Centers and you are going to do planning using KP26 and KP06 and if you are not using Indirect Activity Allocation

Use "As in Planning" in the box for Actual Activity Type Category

Plan Activity Price:

Do Activity Type Planning in KP26

Do Cost Element Planning in KP06

Run KSPI to calculate the Planned Activity Price

Actual Activity Price:

When you run KSII at the Period-End, system will automatically consider the Over/Under Absorption in the Cost Center and calculate the Actual Activity Price.

Pls go through the following example for better understanding about Plan Activity Price and Actual Activity Price...

Pls go through the following example to understand Plan Activity Price and Actual Activity Price:

For Cost Center A, you do Cost Element Planning in KP06 (Ex. Rs.1,00,000). In KP26, you do the planned Activity Quantity (100 Hrs) - you will not update any price in KP26 screen usually . Now, to calculate the Planned Activity Price, you use the transaction code KSPI. The gives the result of Planned Activity Price of Rs.1000 per Hr.

Now, when you confirm the activities in Production Order in CO11n, the activity cost on the Production Order is updated with the Planned Price of Rs.1000. So, by the end of the period, if total actual hrs confirmed is 60 Hrs. ie., total cost loaded onto Production Orders is Rs.60,000.

Now, think of the actual cost that is booked to the Cost Center A (either through FI postings or distribution / assessment from other cost centers). If the actual cost that was posted to that cost center is only Rs.84,000. (Where as Planned Cost was Rs.1,00,000).

Now, when you run KSII transaction code for actual activity price calculation, the system will calculate the actual activity price by 84,000 / 60 Hrs =1,333.33.

This is the way how the system clearly shows and takes care of Under-Absorption / Over-Absorption in cost centers.

Then you run the transaction code MFN1 / CON2 to revaluate your Production Orders with the Actual Price of Activity.

After alll these steps only, you need to settle the Production Orders.

Pls revert back for further explanation...

Srikanth Munnaluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

nice detail process you have written. But i would like to add some thing that cost comes from distribution and assessment will be equally distribute on all activities and will calculate fixed rate only. variable rate will be calculate for only in direct expenses posted on production cost center.

m i right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank you very much.

Still i need some clarification. could do please clarify?

We are implementing for Repetative manfacturing thus we r using Product cost collerctor.

Intially we want to do activity plan through kp26, But end of the month we want to calculate actual activity rate by using KSII for that purpose we are using Spiliting structure Becuase in one cost center there will more than one activity.Clint does not want to spilt the cost equally.

Example:

Activity 1(Salaries) planed rate 100

If actual rate (Actual cost / Actual Quantity) 150

After calculating actual activity rate we want to revaluate the product cost and settel the cost.

Fot this where i can see Plan rate and Actual rate for this month?

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get Plan rate and Actual rate in KSBT or KBK7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please consider the following:

1. In Activity type master, you should have maintained Actual Price Indicator as 5.

2. You should have confirmed activities in production order

3. You should have posted costs to the relevant cost center used in the work center.

Thereafter calculate the actual price per activity type through KSII.

You should be able to see the result.

Please revert if the issue persists.

Please assign pts if useful