cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Functions affected in entire system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a problem with partner functions. The partner functions in the entire system is affected.

I tried creating a new partner procedure, by coping the SAP standard u201CAGu201D and assigned to the newly created account group. When I tried to create a new customer with that account group, in the partner functions tab, it was not picking Bill-to-party. i.e Bill-to-party comes blank and even if I try to enter the bill to party manually, it says u201CNo numerical value can be assignedu201D. However it picks Payer and SH.

Then later I realized that all other customer masters including the standard SAP customers in the entire SAP systems across all company codes got affected. Now none of the sales orders are getting processed.

I deleted all the newly created partner functions, and tried to restore everything, but nothing works. Please help. I have not changed any standard settings (knowingly). I always copied from standard settings and renamed

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds like you have 2 issues:

-- original settings you've attempted to restore are not working (I assume initially there were customer masters & sales orders created that worked ok)

- need to sort out doing new acct grp and partner functions

Suggest you tackle the restore for original settings first. Probably good to review the change logs as you go (when you branch into the transactions go into menu path Utilities>>change log...will show you the before/after of whatever got changed).

Check/update where needed the account groups, then the partner procedures for each assignment (customer master, document header, item, delivery, etc).

After you sort out the originals, then go after your new acct grp/partner function & procedures

Good luck.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

If the entire system is affected including old customers, then the standard partner procedure AG must have got changed. Please check the standard setting and see that 0001 Sold to party is assigned to AG. Looks like unknowingly something must have got changed in seleccting check boxes

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhu,

You need not Copy the AG "Sold to party" you can create your own Partner determination procedure.

Note: Account group "MADU" of the customer must be created before going for Creation of Partmers

A. Partner Determination Procedure

1. Click New Entries, Name the Procedure as ZDMC = "Domestic Cust"

2. Click Save.

B. Double click "Partner Functions in Procedure" enter the Partner Functions you need Say,

ZDMC SP - sold to party Activate Not modifiable and Mandatory functions

ZDMC SH - Ship to party Activate Mandatory function

ZDMC PY - Payer Activate Mandatory function

ZDMC BP - Bill to party Activate Mandatory function

Save it.

Note: you can add partner functions based on your requirement .

C. Partner Determination Procedure Assignment

Here you assign your Partner determination procedure to Account Group

MADU - ZDMC

D. Partner Functions:

If you have any new requirement then you can copy and create your partner functions

E. Account Group Functions Assignment

Here you assign your Account group to partner function

SP - MADU

SH - MADU

BP - MADU

PY - MADU

and click save

Try the above mentioned process. Keep a note of No. range assignment (wheter it is Internal or External)

Any clarifications mail us

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Satya

I was asking about how to sort out the problems I accidentally encountered while making the partner function. I have followed the procedures correctly but donno where I have messed up the system, which affected Bill-to-parties in the entire system. Please help