cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

procedure to create Databasis in BW BCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to BCS. can any one of you tell me how to design a databasis in BCS. what is the main transaction code involved to create a cube in BCS?

Thank you very much

Regards

Sailekha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some more info is here:

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you have to create your "Total Records" cube. You can create it in /nRSA1. You can copy a cube model from business content in AREA 0SEM_BCS. After you have that Total Records cube, goto /nUCWB - Konsolidierungsworkbench --> DATA Model --> Data Basis --> Context Menu --> Create --> Double click on your new data basis --> Input in Total records: <your total records cube> --> fill all empty fiels with your cube / ODS name --> Check the geneterated flag --> save.

BCS will generated all required (virtual)cube/ods.

Best Regards,

Suan Liono

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suan Liono,

Thank you very much for you information. I need some clarifications regarding theis process.

1. I created a cube in BW, but how shall I copy a cube model from Business content? I diidn't get you.

2. In our system I checked both in technical view and process view I can't find the " Create" option in the context menu of the Data basis of the data model?

How shall I proceed I am completely new to BCS? can you please help me in this regard.

Thnak you very much.

Best Regards

sailekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sailekha,

You don't need to create a cube directly in BW for your Databasis. You should rather use the SAP content cube (RSA1, Business Content, Infocube, select object...). Pick up the one cube that you can use for your organization (0BCS_?). Then go to BCS, T-code UCWB, datamodel, databasis, doubleclick, go to the windows below and there, you can create a databasis. Let the cubes be generated. Is easier.

Good luck,

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan Bonnaire,

Thnak you very much for your valubel information.It helps me a lot to proceed further in BCS.

thanks & regards

sailekha