cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance of RFC calls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're developing a web dynpro that has to be sized for 3000 concurrent users. We're going to use CRM as backend, and mostly have read-only calls (no need for transactions).

What is the prefered way of connecting WebDynpro to CRM? I've understood that we could run into perfomance issues due to connection pooling/connections not being released, if we're using aRFC.

Should we be using XI and connect to abap proxys, or develop our own EJB-SessionBean-solution that connects using RFCs?

Kind Regards

Mattias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mattias,

As far as I know WebDynpro with aRFC is not a problem. I can say this since there are companies that are running ESS and MSS Solution of ERP 2004 (which also use the Adaptive RFCs) without such problems.

You can code you WebDynpro Applications to disconnect the RFC Connection after executing the RFC. In this way you make sure that the connections are open only while you read the data from the backend.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for the answer. It was an SAP-consultat that told us we should not use aRFCs, but I have not been able to get in touch with him since then. We were also thinking about ESS/MSS, since we've implementet solutions using them.

How do I close the connection? Do I have access to the actual connection, and not only the modelObject?

Regards

Mattias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mattias,

If SAP Consultant says so, I cannot comment further on that.

You have a option to close the RFC Connection after executing the RFC.

Use <ModelName>.modelInstance().disconnectIfAlive()

after execting the RFC.

Other option is to set the timeout for the connection pool configuration to 0.

Check the following blog for more details.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/08/adaptive-rfc-models-in-web-dynprosome-pointers

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you very much, I hadn't seen the disconnectIfAlive-method, I'll have a look at that.

Regards,

Mattias