cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports10 On IIS7 Load report fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I recently moved our ASP.NET 1.1 application with Crystal Reports 10 from WIN2K3 / IIS 6 to WIN2K8 x64 / IIS 7.

The application works fine but the Reports throw an exception.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) +0

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) +72

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() +218

[Exception: Load report failed.]

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() +269

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +739

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename) +52

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +739

I checked the report Path it is fine,

I moved the aspnet_client folder under the website.

Created /CrystalReportWebFormViewer2 and /crystalreportviewers10 virtual directories

Checked permission for the Network Service under %Windir/ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local

and still the same error comes up...

I would greatly appreciate any help extended in this regard

Thanks

-Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only CR 10.2 (bundles with .NET 2005) and CR 10.5 (bundles with .NET 2008) are 64 bit products. All other versions of CR are 32 bit only. The forum has lots of information on how to attempt to run 32 bit versions of CR on 64 bit OS. Also, please note that only CR 10.5 and CR 2008, SP 0+ will run on WIN 2008 Server.

Ludek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

Finally I have downloaded a trial version of Crystal Reports 2008 and installed on my server.

As Soon as I started Visual Studio 2003 Crystal reports showed as wizard automatically converted references and reports to Crystal 2008. That was so cool !

But now with crystal reports 2008 there were no Exceptions but I just saw a blank Screen.

Then I added a crystalreport web application to the website. Then my reports started working !

I greatly appreciate your help.

Regards

- Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right I am running the web application on 1.1 Framework. on Win 2008. and I noticed that Crystal is running from under Wow64Node in the registry.

I would appreciate if some one can point me to a recourse that would help me to configure crystal reports 10 as 32 bit operating system on a 64 bit platform.

from a quick test that I did I found that the reports work well as a windows application only the web viewer is in trouble... does it mean that I am missing something on the web viewers configuration in ASP.NET ?

I would be very thankful for any of your help.

-Paul

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm attaching a doc I am working on re. CR and 64 bit OS. The doc is on a sort of a "beta" stage, but the info is correct. Not sure if this will be an Article, a note or a blog of some sort once it is done, but I'll figure that out eventually.

One piece of info missing in the doc re. WIN 2008 server;

To run a 32bit app on Win2008 64bit OS, you can run IIS in both 32bit and 64bit concurrently (there's a setting on the app pool to use 32 or 64) so you don't need to run the command line. The command line would only be necessary on IIS6 and they would have to register the 32bit .net framework (aspnet_regiis.exe) for 32bit apps.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek Uher

Thanks for the quick response. My Reference DLL show that I am using 10.0.0.533 is this Version 10.5 ? Sorry if My question is naive, am new to Crystal Reports.

- Paul

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately no, you are using Crystal Reports 10 which is a very old product that is meant only to run on 1.1 framework and Win2003 and older OS's.

You can try building it as a 32bit application, but I have doubts it will run.

Jason