cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database logon information for this report is either incomplete or ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install a new instance of Crystal Reports Server XI r2 (not sure what or if it has a service pack installed). Our testing region is working fine. But out prodution region continues to give the following error when trying to view a report using scheduling or viewing on demand:

The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect.

This report worked fine in the test environment. Production is running on Windows 2003 Server R2 x64 edition. Report is querying an Oracle 10g database through an Instant Client 10.2.0.2.0 (32 bit). ODBC connection tests fine within ODBC administrator. I have tried a number of database connection settings in CMC. Still, no luck.

Are there any common problems with a 64 bit OS running Crystal Reports Server XI?

I have read a number of forums with no positive results. One talked about installing Service Pack 4. Do I need to install service packs 1, 2, and 3 before 4?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

can you check if your Crystal Report Server is installed to a location that contains brackets in the folder path, for example, C:\Program Files (x86)\. Certain Oracle database clients such as version 10.2.0.2 or

10.1.0.2., may not function properly at this case.

A solution is to download a newer Oracle client from the Oracle site.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed the newest Oracle Instant Client (11.1.0.7.0) and my report ran perfectly. Thanks for the input!

Answers (0)