cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adhoc query for payroll data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to create an ad-hoc query to get the data from payroll cluster. Or as an alternative , has anyone used IT402, 403, 446, 447 etc to get the payroll information from ad-hoc query? We do not use the TAx Reporter. So I will have to generate thse infotypes, if we want to use them

Please suggest.

Thanks

W

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can fetch the payroll results via Adhoc Query via payroll infotypes.

We have done this.

if any help required please let me know.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this might be useful

A query can be created to extract information from master records i.e Infotypes. For example, by creating a query , the data relating to an employee contained in various Infotypes can be extracted.

Proceedure :

Decide on the various Infotypes we want to make the query. Decide on the area where we want to query i.e Global area or Standard area. Standard area is client specific and globel area will include all clients.

Menu : HR u2013 PM u2013 Admn - Information System - Adhoc Query

Select area standard and select the user group already created

Creation of new query :

TC SQ03 - Select Environment u2013 Select Standard Area - Enter -- If new user group is to be created, enter name of the user group, click on create and enter necessary information and exit after saving

TC SQ02 - Enter name of the Infoset u2013 Create u2013 enter name of Infoset - Data source -- > Table join by basis table u2013 give name of table e.g pa0000 - Enter - Click on insert table if we want to include more tables u2013 give name of table one by one and after finishing, place cursor on the joining lines and right click to delete unwanted relationships - check - and go back - field groups - include all table fields - click on generate button - go out

TC SQ03 - Select user group - eg. Payroll

Infoset - Enter name of newly created Infoset

Assign users and Infosets - Assign infosets - put tick on payroll - save and go back

TC PAAH - Expand the nodes and put tick on relevant fields depending upon necessity

Save the query by giving the same name as infoset for easyness..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sikindar

Thanks for your info, but this is not i was looking for. My question was that if we can not use query to get data from the payroll clusters, can we activate InfoTypes 402, 403 etc and use them for ad-hoc query. Nitin earlier said he had such experience so I am expecting some inputs from him.

Regards

W.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are u maintian the any data in the respective infotypes pls let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Siki

Probably you skipped my comments earlier. Currently we do not maintain any data in IT0402, 403, etc as we do not use tax reporter so no data is stored there.

Infotype Number Infotype Name

0402 --- Payroll Results: Period Values

0403 --- Payroll Results: Period Values (not required at present)

0458 --- Payroll Results: Monthly Accumulation

0459 --- Payroll Results: Quarterly Accumulation

0460 --- Payroll Results: Annual Accumulation

Ad-hoc query does not read the payroll clusters. So my questions are..

1. How can we activate these 4xx infotypes and will the program RPABRI00 populate them.

2. Has any one used these infotypes before for ad-hoc query and how flexible/ good the data is..

Thanks

W.

paul_davidson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

A programmer can create an ABAP report with payroll results directly from the cluster using SAP supplied function modules. But if you want to use Ad Hoc Query, you must first create data in a payroll infotype. You may use IT0402 or create your own copy. Suggest one or more copies of IT0402 such as 9402.

You will have to configure the wage types you want in your infotype - IMG: Personnel Management --> Human Resources Information System --> Payroll Results. Follow the four steps - Define Evaluation Wage Types. Here you name the wage types you want recorded. Assign Wage Types - assign the actual SAP names or custom named wage types to your naming convention from the first step. Themajor step is then Set Up Payroll Infotypes. Here you place your Evaluation Wage Types into the Payroll infotype and Generate it. This creates the infotype with all its attributes for you. Then, if you want it filled each time payroll is run, do the last step Set Up Assignment to Payroll. It is not necessary to do this last step as you can use report RPABRI00 to fill the infotypes. Then in SQ02, add the payroll infotype to your infoset. You may have to rename the fields to give you names you recognize when viewed in Ad Hoc.

Then you can report away on Payroll data in Ad Hoc Query. Remember, the only wage types included are the ones you have set-up. And if you have assigned it to payroll, the data is as of the last payroll run. Thus, off -cycle data will not be picked up until the next payroll.

Paul

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i dont think unless and untill we run the pay roll live the cluster will get updated

did u tried PC00_M99_CWTR once pls check and let me know

former_member103201
Participant
0 Kudos

'Evaluate the Payroll Results Using Infotypes or the Logical Database' Check the Link it will be helpful..

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46b/en/data/en/pdf/PYINT/PYINT_REPORTING.pdf