cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I want to create a scenario where i have the get some date from a table inside SQL server, integrate it into XI. Do a transformation with the data and then resend it to SQL Server into a new table.

I've already installed the JDBC adpater for connection with the SQL server.

Because i'm rather new in XI. Could someone tell me or give me a litte bit support fot the following steps :

-) do i have to activite the JDBC adapter in the SLD? if yes how do i do that?

-) do i have to use a BPM?

-) How many data types, message types, message interfaces, message mappings, mapping interfaces do i need? and how can i create them? Have anybody an example of this, please?

-) what do i have to specify in the receiver determination, sender- and receiver agreement, and the interface determination?

How can i trace the flow between XI and SQL?

Thank you for your reaction.

Best regards.

Gwen Baert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gwen,

1), 2) and 5) agree with Manish

3) If you have an asynchronous message flow like:

JDBC -> XI ->JDBC (no BPM)

2 data types, 2 messagetypes referring datatype, 1 outbound refering messagetype, 1 inbound interface referring messagetype, 1 interface mapping with 1-n single mappings programs like message mapping or XSLT. All to create in IB Repository

4) 1 receiver determination: put sender system, outbound interface, namespace

1 interface determination: create by context (specific) and put inbound interface

1 receiver agreement: create by context and put communication channel

Regards,

Udo

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gwen,

To answer your questions...

1. No, you do not have to activate the JDBC adapter in the SLD. That is done in the communication channel in the Integration Directory, in the same place that you configure the adapter. What you do need to do is to install the JDBC driver for the database that you want to connect to. These Java libraries are product-specific and must be obtained from the database vendor. You must then deploy these Java libraries on the J2EE server so that the JDBC adapter can access the required Java classes at runtime.

2. No, you do not have to use BPM for the scenario you have envisaged. It can be a straightforward asynch message into XI, which undergoes a mapping that gets sent out again as an asynch message.

Questions 3 and 4 are best answered by reading the XI training material available.

You can trace the message in XI in the monitors in the runtime workbench, and in the trasaction SXMB_MONI.

Cheers

Manish