Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle defect items in sap sd..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

How to handle defect items in sap sd..

My requirement is some of the XYZ materials are damaged 10%.Some more materials(Material number is XYZ) are damaged to 20%.When sales order is created with these defect items,the system should pickup the defect items only?One more thing is for 10% damaged items,one price is given.For 20% damaged items,one more price is given and so on.How this will be configured in sap sd.

We hav an idea that making these type of defects as scrap.Then create one more material number as AXYZ(Defects of XYZ) and receipt without po.We can use the defects in sales order and soon.But how pricing will be set for different levels of damages?

Any ideas,documents and settings required for this scenario and share any ideas

Thanks in advace....VM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

VM,

In my previous posting i said it is similar to SCRAP process but not the same.

Instead of Material code i have used the term material no. I know that TCS is not applicable in this case but it is better to maintain pricing procedure

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your replies and sharing your valuable information

Just I am giving all the meeting points and those are

They donu2019t want to convert into scrap.

One more point is that if materials are in batches then???

When we create sales order that damaged one only should be picked by the system.

Manual entering the price need to be stopped

Without maintaining separate material for the damaged, any possibilities?

We discussed abt Split valuation point .Is it suitable to this? then how?

How to handle this we are thinking.

Both Rithvikau2019s point and Jigneshu2019s point need to be considered, actually this is main issue. There are more chances of malpractices/confusion to the user as mentioned by Rithvika. Here one more constraint is more material codes required for 10%, 20%, 30%........90% damaged one for one material as said by Jignesh

Actually I mentioned only as example 10% and 20% but have many.

Any ideas how to proceed...

Thanks and Regardsu2026VM

Edited by: vm on Apr 13, 2009 4:45 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As rightly pointed out by Rithvika, material code should be different for defective goods and it should be billed only against that material code.

If you consider it as scrap sales, then you should also take into consideration TCS collectable from customer. This means, you will have a separate pricing procedure for scrap sales.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

VM,

This process is somewhat like scrap process, but in this case

1. we will maintain separate storage locations for 10% damaged and the material no will be XYZ10S

2. we will maintain seperate storage location for 20% damaged and the material no. will be XYZ20S

3. Either you can maintain Manual change in priced by keeping a single pricing procedure OR

4. We can create seperate Pricing procedure for sales of the materials. If we need we maintain seperate condition records.

This will be easy

Else we can use Split Valuation, check with your MM consultant.

Regards

Sathya

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

This solution is based in assumption that your company allows manual Pricing for defective materials.

In one Sales Order, you can enter single material code couple of times. Thus enter First line item for 10% defiective items (material code - XYZ) & do the ecessary manual pricing.

Now again in the next line item (line item number 20) enter the 20% defective Material code (XYZ) again & do the necessary pricing.

To me the above seems to be a better solution rather than create seperate material codes. Because if you start creating new Material codes then there would be no limit to it... (I mean for every defective item you will have to create new material code).

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if the material code is sames for all materials there are chances of entering wrong price

like for good material the enduser may give 20% discount

for 10% defect material he may give no discount

for 20% discount material the user may enter the price of good material the user may be confused or forgotten which is the good material entered and defect material if it si the same material code

this is just my thought

guru's correct me if iam wrong

regards

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Dont feel offended. Even the details in my above post were just my thoughts...

There is nothing wrong or right in consulting. Because the correct solution for the client would best come from dicsussions by different consultants with different thoughts & opinions...

Thus we should feel free to express our belief & thoughts (without anyone feeling offended) in the best interest of the client (in this case the person who has raise this post) & let him select the best solution suited for his client...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Make the pricing condition type as Manual and enter in the sales order manually.

or For defect materials create another material code and maintain condition records for that so that it can pick automatically

10% defects material number as xyz10

20% defects material number as xyz20

regards