Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase req created at DC by SNP optimizer without forecast/demand

samir_ali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After SNP-Optimizer run I can see purchase req are getting created at Central DC without any demand/Forecast.

Can anyone give some input why it is happening

Thanks

Samir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with previous post. Did the system create the order. If it did you must become one with the optimizer. Think why would it do this. how the this result have created a situation with lower cost. Is it possible you have a lower storage cost at this DC and the optimizer is taking the opportunity to save some storage cost?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

samir_ali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Good input, I will check and confirm back.

Thanks

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with George, in addition to that you please check your safety stock voilation cost. optimizer will create PRs if there is safety stock violation.

Please ensure you have maintained transportation cost. If DC's storage cost is lower than the Plant's storage cost, optimizer will generate PRs to minimize storage cost. In that case if you maintain proper transportation cost, it will compare with the storage cost differance, and will give result accordingly.

Thanks,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure if it is created by system or manually created order. Also in the product view click on that pegging link so that it would show you the requirement if it is pegged to.