cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enhancement of web dynpro component usages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question regarding the enhancement of web dynpro abap components.

In fact component HRASR00_PROCESS_EXECUTE uses component HRASR00_EMPLOYEE_SEARCH as component usage.

I need to enhance component HRASR00_EMPLOYEE_SEARCH to add restriction on employee search.

My question is :

If a create an enhancement for this component, the changes I did, will be available for all other components that use HRASR00_EMPLOYEE_SEARCH as component usage will?

If yes, is there a way to avoid that? The enhancement should be available only for component HRASR00_PROCESS_EXECUTE

Thanks a lot for your answer

Karim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas,

It's a pity, I though there was a filter "system" like with badi's.

I think I'll have to use a IF statement in my enhancement method.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Kind regards

Karim

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

When you use the Enhancement Framework, you are changing the development object. Therefore your changes will be active for all times that this development object is called. There would be no way to filter this by parent component. Only BADIs would have input filters; but then you would have to pass in the parent component name as the filter value when you call the BADI.

Depending upon what kind of Enhancement you implement - if it is coding you could put an IF check or something around your code to only fire under certain conditions. You could lookup the application name or call some other WD API to try to find what you are running within. Your enhancement would still always fire, but you would have logic so that it only changes the output under the conidtion of the component you want.