cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I want to create a scenario where i have the get some date from a table inside SQL server, integrate it into XI. Do a transformation with the data and then resend it to SQL Server into a new table.

I've already installed the JDBC adpater for connection with the SQL server.

Because i'm rather new in XI. Could someone tell me or give me a litte bit support fot the following steps :

-) do i have to activite the JDBC adapter in the SLD? if yes how do i do that?

-) do i have to use a BPM?

-) How many data types, message types, message interfaces, message mappings, mapping interfaces do i need? and how can i create them? Have anybody an example of this, please?

-) what do i have to specify in the receiver determination, sender- and receiver agreement, and the interface determination?

How can i trace the flow between XI and SQL?

Thank you for your reaction.

Best regards.

Gwen Baert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are doing a simple mapping, a BPM wouldnt be necesary.

>>><i>-) How many data types, message types, message interfaces, message mappings, mapping interfaces do i need? and how can i create them? Have anybody an example of this, please?</i>

You would need two data types, one to represent the sender,the other, the receiver.

You could also do with a single data type.

You would have a single message mapping and two message interfaces.

>>><i>-) what do i have to specify in the receiver determination, sender- and receiver agreement, and the interface determination?</i>

In the receiver determination, you need to specify who the sender is, and through which interface is it sending, and the service that is used.

You also need to specify the receiving service.

In sender agreement, specify the sender service, the interface the sender is using, and the sender communication channel.

In receiver agreement, specify the receiver service, the interface the receiver is using, and the receiver communication channel.

SXMB_MONI can be used to track the message flow.

Regards,

Smitha.

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gwen

I think your sender and Receiver is same system

1.First you need install JDBC Driver in XI system.

2.Perform SLD for your SQL Server.

3.Integration Repository.

3.1 Interface Objects for your sender

3.2 Interface Objects for your Receiver

Note:If you are using same Data structure for both sender and Receiver you can go with single data type and Message type.If attributes or elements are different from sender to receiver you need to define two data types and message types .

3.3 Perfom message mapping

3.4 Perfom Interface mapping

4 Integration Directory.

4.1 create configuration scenario

4.2 add your business systems

4.3 create two comm channels ( Sender , Receiver)

4.4 Collaboration agreements (Sender ,Receiver)

Note: Here your sender and Receiver Service is same.

4.5 Routing Objects (Interface detr,Receiver det)

If any concern pleae let me know.

Please give me a mail so that i can forward steps to install JDBC Driver.

thanks

N.P.Babu

iGATE Global Solutions Hyderabad 91-98490 65377

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for your help!

My e-mail address is : gwen.baert@cernum.com

Could you tell me how the assign points to you inside this forum please?

regards

Gwen

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Gwen,

There are stars across every reply to your question to which you can assign points.

But, it looks like there is some porblem with the forum points today, so you can do it on a later day.

Do let us know if you need any further info,

regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please send me by e-mail the steps that should be done after de JDBC driver is installed.

My e-mail : gwen.baert@cernum.com

Do i have to activate something in the sld? and where and how?

I'm using as sender the SQL database and the receiver is the same SQl server but another database inside this SQL server.

Regards

Gwen

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi gwen,

You need not activate anything in SLD.

While creating your Sender and receiver JDBC adaptere, you will specify all details including table name, database name ,etc . so that too should not be of any propblem.

I would suggest that you go through this info on SAP Help,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/b4d13b633f7748b4d34f3191529946/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi gwen,

What you are trying is a JDBC to JDBC scenario. And, I dont think you need a BPM for this.

You will have to create a Sender JDBC adapter to collect the data from the table, and a receiver JDBC adapter, to indert data into the table.

When you are using your JDBC as a sender, then your JDBC will poll over your database and select the rows that satisfy your Select Query. Also, there is another field in your JDBC adapter that is very important and that is the Update satatement. Once your JDBC adapter executes your select query and selects rows from the database, you might not need those rows to be selected again. In this csse, you can use the Update statement to update the database.

In the case of the receiver JDBC adapter, you can insert/ update/ delete data and execute stored prooedure into your databse.

For more info, look at these links,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

The datatype for your sender and receiver JDBC adapters has to correspond to the format available in the links above.

Do revert back for any queries,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gwen,

List of things u need to do.

1. You have to install the right derivers for connectivity. You can do this using the following doc

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ffd890-0201-0010-708f-

2. If it's a simple data transfer you need not use BPM. Depends on what u are trying to do

3. The Sender and receiver adapter details are present in:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/b4d13b633f7748b4d34f3191529946/content.htm

4. If it's a simple scenario, you will need two message type,two Message Interface for Outbound and Inbound and one message mapping and Interface mapping.

Also, there are couple of weblogs on what you are trying to do. You can search for them in Sdn. Couple of them given below.

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/19/rdbms-system-integration-using-xi-30-jdbc-senderreceiver-adapter

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

Regards

Vijaya