Did you mean: 

CUP - How to Delete Workflow Components referenced in existing Requests

former_member196034
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear GRC CUP Community,

I have a challenge for you all!

I'm sure many of you are aware of the following problem:

When you build a Workflow path with its Initiator, Stage/s, Custom Fields and Path and then succesfully submit a request using this path, you are prevented from deleting any of the components of the referenced workflow.

I would like to know if any of you have figured out how to delete workflow components referenced by existing Requests.

Kind regards,

Babak Hosseinian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babak,

That was a great challenge you presented to the community. I am glad to say that after lots of investigation, I think i found the solution.

Try Archiving all the requests and then CUP allows you to delete any WF component.

Thanks again Babak, its a wonderful question.

Thanks,

Sarath

former_member196034
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi CUP community,

thank you all for your efforts in responding to this challenge.

I can happily say Sarath that you have answered correctly.

Well done.

Many thanks,

Babak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing the same problem in our Virsa 5.2 GRC system. I want to try the solution to archive the request, however I am not seeing any place to perform the archive action. Can someone with a 5.2 system advise?

Thanks!

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, Joyce. Archiving is a 5.3 functionality so you won't see it in 5.2. For 5.2, the only option to delete workflow components is to remove the actual requests from the database. To do that, you will have to oepn a message with SAP asking for request deletion script.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce,

Login to CUP,

1. On the Configuration tab, navigate to Archiving Requests.

2. The Last Archived Date field displays the current date, indicating when the records are archived.

3. From the Date From dropdown list, select the oldest date of the closed records you want to archive.

4. From the Date To dropdown list, select the most current date of the closed records you want to archive.

Thanks,

Sudip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Joyce,

>

> Login to CUP,

> 1. On the Configuration tab, navigate to Archiving Requests.

> 2. The Last Archived Date field displays the current date, indicating when the records are archived.

> 3. From the Date From dropdown list, select the oldest date of the closed records you want to archive.

> 4. From the Date To dropdown list, select the most current date of the closed records you want to archive.

>

> Thanks,

> Sudip.

Hi Sudip,

I have followed your steps and am still unable to delete workflow components. Am I missing something? We are on 5.3 SP7.

Thanks!!

--

Jes

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babak,

I have a solution to delete workflow without deleting associated request.

I have done this in my training GRC system. I have identified some CUP tables for workflows.

If you delete the entries from these tables then your problem will be resolved.

But But But this is not the correct procedure and SAP is not recomending this procedure. Although SAP delivers one script for delete workflow.

Thanks,

Sudip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day Sudip.

It would be great if you share these identified tables with me.

Thanks and Regards,

Jagat

former_member196034
Participant
0 Kudos

Good stuff. Yes sharing the tables you identified with us will be very good. Of course we note that modifying tables in the backend directly is not recommended by SAP

Edited by: Babak Hosseinian on May 13, 2009 12:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babak,

To delete workflow without deleting associate request, here are the below mentioned tables,

To delete Path = VIRSA_AE_WF_PTH

To delete stage = VIRSA_AE_WF_STAGE

After deleting stage you can delete CAD directly from GRC screen.

To delete initiator attribute = VIRSA_AE_WF_INTATR

And, here are all tables related to Workflow, you can check these as well.

VIRSA_AE_WF_PTSTG

VIRSA_AE_WF_RQNTFC

VIRSA_AE_WF_RQNTFR

VIRSA_AE_WF_STAGE

VIRSA_AE_WF_STGACN

VIRSA_AE_WF_STGESC

VIRSA_AE_WF_STGFLD

VIRSA_AE_WF_STGNCT

VIRSA_AE_WF_STGNRL

VIRSA_AE_WRKFLAPVR

But, this practice is not recommended by SAP. So, don't try it on your production system in any case.

Regards,

Sudip.

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can't delete the components referenced by a request until you delete that request. So, first delete the requests using a delete script (you can get it from SAP support) and then you can delete the workflow components.

Regards

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babak,

I don't think this is a challenge as this is not at all possible. You can not delete any workflow components without deleting associate requests. To delete requests, you will need a SQL deletion script from SAP.

Regards,

Alpesh