Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when Consuming Service in ABAP

nitesh_jain3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am trying to test calling a Web Service in ABAP in ECC6 (SAP_ABA 14 with only ABAP stack) for which i chose to call a Web Service on my SAP Netweaver Portal NW04s.

I have created/activated the client proxy and the logical ports needed in the ECC6 server.

When i am trying to consume the Portal service (via the client proxy) in an ABAP program in ECC6 i am getting the error "SRT: Unsupported xstream found: ("HTTP Code 400 : Bad Request")".

Any idea why i am getting this error?

Is there any document available giving more details of system errors when consuming a web service?

regards

Nitesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitesh,

I am trying to consume a webservice from abap. The webservice in on our SAP J2EE Engine/7.00

I am also getting the same payload response error: Incorrect request style parameter value null

Any luck?

nitesh_jain3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No Luck yet mate...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you create the logical port? With LPCONFIG or SOAMANAGER transaction? With SOAMANAGER I had to modify the URL access path (transport settings tab) and add the style at the end (i.e : ?wsdl&mode=sap_wsdl&style=document).

Regards,

Pierre

nitesh_jain3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

Thanks. Your solution worked like a charm.

I had created the LP using SOAMANAGER. I added the following string at the end of my URL access path: '?wsdl&style=document'.. I am not passing the parameter mode in the URL access path.

Cheers

Nitesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That worked for me!!!

thanks Pierre!!!

summary of what id did....

inside SOAMANAGER, on transport settings, in the field "URL Access Path"....I appended to the end of my URL what Pierre said: "?wsdl&mode=sap_wsdl&style=document"

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls view notes:

will help you

nitesh_jain3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luo & all,

The symptom of the OSS notes do not point to the problem i am facing.

In the payload trace i am getting the error message: "Incorrect request style parameter valu null"

The path of the wsdl document used to create the consumer proxy is "http://tdcvnwdev.jsr.telco.co.in:50000/CAFDataService/Config?wsdl&style=document".

Currently i am not passing any value for the style parameter towards the end of the WSDL url therefore getting the error message. How do i pass the value to the parameter style and what value should be passed?

regards

Nitesh

nitesh_jain3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Olivier,

I had a look at the SOAMANAGER logs but could not infer much from it.

I suspect their is an issue in the Web Service Runtime configuration in client 000 to which i have no access in my system.

It will be helpful if you could let me know the check points to monitored to ensure that the Web Service runtime configuration is complete in client 000, to use this technology in other clients in the system.

Dear Bhavik,

Unfortunately i have not found any solution to the issue and unfortunately there is not too much documentation available to understand the reason for such an error.

As i have stated above check if your web service runtime configuration is complete.

regards

Nitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

In SOAMANAGER, Go to the "Logs and Traces" tab and select Trace configuration.

Add a new entry with an expiration date and trace level set to "Full Trace".

Check the "Accpet trace" and "Export trace" boxes.

Then do a test and come back in soamanager and click on "Logs/trace viewer".

Display the calls then select one by clickig on the line.

Then click on the "Payload trace" tab.

You will get the request and response dumps with hopefully some indication on the error reason.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitesh/Olivier,

Below is the error message I find in the logs from the trace:

A SOAP Runtime Core Exception occurred in a method get_http_headers of class CL_SOAP_HTTP_TPBND_ROOT at position id 3 with internal error id 1007 and error text SRT:Unsupported xstream found:("HTTP Code 400:Bad Request")(fault location is 1).

Is this the same message that you receive? I'm not able to ascertain the issue from this message, any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I've resolved my issue. It turned out to be an incorrect path definition in my RFC destination. When originally set this up, SAP gave me a warning message about the query string at the end of the path (?style=document) so I removed that portion. Once I put that back in and ignored the warning message, my test via the client proxy was successful.

Olivier,

Thank you for your post about the tracing, the Payload Trace pointed me to a more detailed message which gave me the idea to replace the missing style specification. Unfortunately this wasn't my thread to start, so it doesn't appear that I can award you points Hopefully Nitesh will do so if this helps him.

Cheers,

Chad

nitesh_jain3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

I checked the payload trace as you suggested and found the following information:

"Incorrect request style parameter value null"

When i have created the consumer proxy via the WSDL url the string ?style=document was definitely there towards the end of the url. The pay load response suggests i need to pass a value to the parameter style. Unable to determine what value to pass and how, to the parameter style?

Chad, Olivier will definitely be awarded the points.

regards

Nitesh

Edited by: Nitesh Jain on Apr 21, 2009 8:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chad and Nitesh,

I am glad that the payload trace display was useful for you.

It's true that since I showed this functionality to our developpers, they use it a lot especially to debug the calls to external web services when the abap stack is the client.

A lot of web services are not, in my opinion, very well developped and only send an error message in the payload response....

Regards,

Olivier

nitesh_jain3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

My problem still remains unresolved. Any clues of how we can resolve this.

If you want you can test the same. I was trying to test the CAFDataService (a standard service available in SAP netweaver). Created a proxy for this service in ECC6 and then used it in a test program.

regards

Nitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nitesh,

Did you find the solution for this problem?

I am also having similar problem while calling web service from ABAP.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Activate the SOAMANAGER traces, retry and check the request and response dumps.

There is usually usefull information inside about the reason of the error.

Regards,

Olivier