cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI without having stock in storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sirs

I have one query if system don't have stock of finish goods in storage location , will system allow to do PGI

If yes let me know the configuration required and can we manage stock later after production

Thank you

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
if system don't have stock of finish goods 
   in storage location , will system allow to do PGI

Yes certainly provided if you change the item category to TAX in sale order. For information, item category TAX will not check for stock and hence, if you click "Post Goods Issue", system will generate a delivery document but in document flow, you can see as "Confirmation of Service".

On the other hand, if IMG setting is made in such a way that negative postings are allowed, then in that case also, you can do PGI even stock is not available.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the goods in not issued from stores, PGI is not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know the logic but if wanted to know is ther any facility

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
wanted to know is ther any facility

For this question, my above suggestion will answer and I am not sure, whether you have gone through that.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

You could use either TAX (Non Stock Item) TAW(Value Item) while processing sales order.

which does not require the stock availability in inventory and not picking relevant.

Rajesh Malle

Former Member
0 Kudos

PGI is an acronym for the POST GOODS ISSUE.

So, without stock movement (PGI) is not possible.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Not possible to do PGI without stocks and it is meaning less

But in delivery related billing if you want to do commercial billing before PGI it is possible by assigning copying requirements 011 at item level in VTFL

In this case the delivery will be open even if you do billing and at a later date you can do PGI

But doing this is wrong logically

Regards

Raja

Have you got your answer for yesterday's thread

Please close the threads whereevrer possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks

i got my answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello..

without stock there is no PGI.. Period

Thanks and Regards

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

PGI means goods has been moved from the plant , With out stock system will not accept you to do PGI.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/dd/560a80545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Regards,

Ramesh