Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI Deployment error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting the following error when trying to deploy a component from NWDI:

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/C:/DOCUME1/NE96171.NIS/LOCALS1/Temp/temp668910347840183116nissan.comgeo_managment.ear

Aborted: development component 'geo_managment'/'nissan.com'/'BPI_CDDTrack_D'/'20090403104446'/'0':

Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application nissan.com/geo_managment.. Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application nissan.com/geo_managment.

Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?;

nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception:

Failed to deploy application nissan.com/geo_managment. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Steps to recreate are:

1. From the Inactive DC view I right click to "Create Project"

2. Once the project is created I go to the Java WebDynpro perspective. From the Context menu I select the Deploy option.

3. I enter the SDM password for the J2EE Engine configured on my NWDS instance.

4. The result is the error above.

There are no dependant components in this DC so the Hint does not seem correct !! .. I have seen a previous post on where thre has been a similar issue but this did not enlighten me .. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Damien

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damien,

This exception also occurs when an application with the same complete name is already deployed on this server.

You can either provide a new name for the application & also the component associated with this application, rebuild project, do a DC Build & then Deploy New Archive & Run the application.

Or open the visual admin & undeploy the existing deployed application from the server & then deploy this application.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin, I will try this and let u know ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error trace clearly shows that some of the dependent DCs are not deployed.

Follow these steps,

In the Development Infrastructue Perspective after chosing "Create Project". Choose "Sync Used DCs" and then choose "Build". Check whether you have build and deployed all the dependent DCs or not. Then deploy the application.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Gayathri.