Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2SE file adapter

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

i,

When I post a XI message via SAP PI 7.10 SP7 integration server to a J2SE adapter engine to a file adapter, then when I use mode "XMB2FILE" in the receiver file adapter configuration on the J2SE Adapter Engine then the XML file is delivered into the appropriate folder with the correct XML format and content (As expected). However when I change the mode to XMB2FILEWITHCONVERSION then message fails in the integration Engine on the PI server.

With:

<Trace level="2" type="T">Addressing mode: url</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Host = "HOST"</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Port = 8111</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Transport protocol = HTTP 1.0</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Message protocol =</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Path = /file/receiver?action=execute&pipelineid=Receiver</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">Auth mode: basicNonSAP</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Conversion of language from char2 to char1</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">User = rip</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Client =</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Language =</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Creating HTTP-client</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">HTTP-client: creation finished</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Security: Basic authentication</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Serializing message object...</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">HTTP-client: sending http-request...</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">HTTP-client: request sent</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">HTTP-client: Receiving http-response...</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">HTTP-client: response received</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">HTTP-client: checking status code...</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">HTTP-client: status code = 500</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Deserializing message object...</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="System_Error">Error while sending by HTTP (error code: 500, error text: Internal Server Error:java.lang.NullPointerException)</Trace>

</Trace>

</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="System_Error">Error exception return from pipeline processing!</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">Persist Message in Retry State</Trace>

A file is created in the target folder with no content and each time PI retries a new file is created.

If I look at the J2SE adapter trace file the following error is displayed:

Apr 3, 2009 3:05:03 PM ...i.messaging.adapter.XMB2FileProcessor [Thread[Thread-1145,5,main]] Error: Message processing failed with

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.adapter.Conversion.convertXML2Plain(Conversion.java:621)

at com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.XMB2FileProcessor.persistFile(ModuleXMB2File.java:1658)

at com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.XMB2FileProcessor.onMessage(ModuleXMB2File.java:1346)

at com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.ModuleHttpServer$ListenerDetails.onMessage(ModuleHttpServer.java:448)

at com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.net.HTTPRequest.run(ServerHttpImpl.java:437)

Please can you assist in the resolution of this problem?

Regards

Willie Hugo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Apply SP 23 for J2SE Adpter Engine.

Stevan,

SAPXICONS23_0-20000271.SCA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Willem,

Now, I am practicing the J2SE file adapter and I am having error on J2SE File adapter RECEIVER configuration.

Please, can you guide me the procedure or give me the fully detail info of the scenario XI --> J2SE File Adapter.

Thank you very much.

vn thach

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Stefan,

We applied SP23 (SAPXICONS23_0-20000271.SCA) for the J2SE Adapter Engine and that had solved the problem.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Regards

Willie Hugo

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Stefan,

Thanks again for the help. I will try this and let you know, but now late Friday South Africa and going home now. Probably do it on Monday. Enjoy your Weekend.

Regards

Willie Hugo

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

If this patch is to work, how do you deploy this patch to the Plain J2SE Adapter Engine?

Regards

Willie Hugo

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> If this patch is to work, how do you deploy this patch to the Plain J2SE Adapter Engine?

See note 750511 point 5.

The note is for XI 3.0, but it can be used for any J2SE adapter engine.

Regards

Stefan

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thank for the prompt reply. I am sending the XI message to a plain J2SE Adapter Engine. As I under stand the process, the XI message XML to flat file conversion will take place in the J2SE Adapter Engine in the File Adapter, configured there. If I under stand correctly we need to deploy a patch to the J2SE Adapter Engine and the note refers to XI 3.00 & 7.00, these Adapter Engines I can only assume is J2EE. Also the scenario described in the note is from csv to XML and not the required XML to CSV.

Please can you assist further?

Regards

Willie Hugo

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The note refers to XI 3.0 SP20. Which version of the J2SE adapter do you have? I did not find another note, but the behavior is a bug and so there might be a bugfix in a current version.

So I recommend to patch the J2SE adapter engine and if this does not help to create on OSS ticket for this.

Regards

Stefan

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check SAP note 1051052

Maybe you install a patch for the adapter engine.