Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start availibility check procedure

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VA01 I'm doing some custom calculations and I would like to start availability check procedure.How can I do that ?

Thanks

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Stefan,

Select the lines of the materials whose availability you need to check and press Ctrl.+F4.

If you need availability overview- Environment -> Availability.

Thanks!

Regards,

Miro

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

I would like have something like:

perfom <availability check> in my code.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

In that case you have to activate availability check via schedule item category. So i am assuming you don't have the availability check on and in VA01 upon the conditions you need the availability check turned on.

so basically you need to turn on availability check on the the schedule line item category.

for eg:

We can control the schedule line item category in the sales order userexit MV45AFZZ in FORM USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBEP switch vbep-ettyp to the schedule line "CN" when the order type = 'YOR' and Plant is u201C1000u201D

Let me know if this helps

Regards

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Would you be so kind to give me the information in detail ?

Can we have statement like this: perform VBEP_BEARBEITEN_BESCHAFFUNG ?

Is this will call availibility check ?

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No you cannot activate availability check directly.. but you have to trigger availability check via schedule line item category.(in your case)

so there are two steps here

1. create a schedule line item category for which availability check is turned on..

2. based on your conditions in the sales order , when the required conditions are met move this new schedule item category which you created in step 1 into the schedule line item category of the existing line item in your order via which the availability check will be triggered..

just FYI,, Schedule item category is determined by the combination of MRP type and Item category, but in your case you are forcing the system to use the schedule line item category which you created via the user exit .

so ,again, We can control the schedule line item category in the sales order user exit MV45AFZZ in FORM USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBEP switch vbep-ettyp to the schedule line item category which triggers the availability check.

Thanks and let me know if this helps you

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Check the following

1) Availability check field should be assigned a value in material master under Sales/Plant view.

2)RLT time can be mentioned depending on whether the material is internally produced or externally procured in material master under Purchasing screen ( externally procurred) and MRP3 view for internally produced.

3) CO09 is the T-code used for avalability overview.

By the above settings avalibity check is activated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The availability check is an integral part of the business process. It determines if the desired delivery quantity can be met on desired date. The availability check takes into account the respective activities that must be carried out before a delivery can takes place. This includes scheduling for picking or packing times and the time taken to produce or obtain the material as well as many other background functions.

For SD material Determination you can create a Substitution reason and on the Strategy field, the following info. is available:

Product selection in the background is performed on the basis of the availability check.

We want to have the material determination only in case on material shortage. We expect the Substitution reason to give us this functionallity. It does not hovever take the availabilty into account before substitution.

We thought the worse case is to create a ABAP which is linked to the "requirement" field in the Procedure (OV13).

Availability check can be configured both at requiremnt class and at the schedule line categories level.

Whilst the availabilty check at the requirement class level via global and mandatory configuration the schedule line catgry availability check deals with the order.

It is mandatory that the reqmnt class is flagged off for avlblty check and the schdelu line cat need not be.

The following are the mandatory for Availability check to happen--

1. Must be swithced on at the requirment class level and at the schedule line level.

2. Reqmnt type must exist by which a requiremnt class can be found

3. There must exist a plant and is defined

4.Checking group must be defined in Material Master records(it controls whthr the system is to create individual or collective reqmnt)

A combination of checking gropup and checking rule will determine the scope of availbaility check.