cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User defined function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a user defined function which I want to execute at the start or at the end of a message mapping.

It is not using any elements of the message types involved.

Is this possible? In a standard way?

Hope someone can give me an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I solved this by using a 1 to 1 mapping. Thanks for your help.

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Sorry, I didn't notice your reply yet.

The UDF is used to update the Seeburger Message Tracking database with message meta data (sender service, receiver service, etc)

Seeburger has a FileStore module that can be used in the CC. Only when you need to store additional data that is not covered by this module then Seeburger says you have to create a message mapping with a UDF.

Only when using a Seeburger adapter you can use a BIC mapping for this purpose and execute this in the CC (module).

My knowledge of creating modules is not so well.

Do you think it's possible to create a module for this purpose yourself? in stead of UDF?

Regards,

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Marco

If you want to UDF to be executed at the start of message mapping,

then the UDF can be used to map to your MessageType Node, I used UDF this way to delay message in integration engine.

If you want to UDF to be execusted at end of the message mapping, in your target data type, append a node, and use an UDF map to this last node.

Regards.

Liang

Edited by: Liang Ji on Apr 3, 2009 11:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if you want that the UDF should call at the end of the mapping, for that you can also create a adapter module for further processing.

Thanks

Rinku Gangwani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You mean creating a 1 to 1 message mapping, with identical source and target message type ?

Because the message content itself must stay the same.

Regards,

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can proceed like that too if you dont want anything to be changed in the target

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

This is clear to me only I meant something else..

I want this user defined function always to be executed at the beginning or at the end of a message mapping. Is there a standard way to do this?

For example I have a message mapping which converts an order header and items but with no end record.

When I want my function to be executed at the end of this mapping I don't know were to put it.

Can you help me with this also?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

create one more mapping which uses output of first mapping and then execute the UDF in second mapping

I hope this will provide you direction

Rajesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Is this possible? In a standard way?

by why do you want to use a mapping if you don't need it ?

you can do the same as in UDf in an adapter module for example

and you won't have to create dummy objects (mappings that don't do anything)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to include it in the mapping for getting executed

just pass some value in and out, dont do anything with values passed to your mapping

HTH

Rajesh